Friday, May 9, 2008

Careers & Extra Jobs Discussion Questions & Case Studies Due 05-09-2008

Type the Discussion Questions on page 127 of your Financial Peace Workbook and answer them in a complete sentence. Also, type the Case Studies on page 127 of your Financial Peace Workbook and answer them in a complete sentence.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Do you know anyone who hates their job? Why do you think they continue to do it?
-Yes, I know of a few people who hate their job. They continue to do it, either because it pays good, or its close to home.
2. What strategies do you have in getting a job?
-You have to ask yourself is it going to make you happy, or are you going to be miserable. You have to make sure it is enough to get you by, even if its not GREAT pay.
3. If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit your education?
-It will a lot, because going to college can help you see what its going to be like before you get there and give you a way to find a good job.
4. How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job?
-Well, I want a good income, enough to support a family, but if I can get by with little and be happy, that would be fine with me.
5. Would you do something you did not like in order to make five to ten time more than the average worker?
-Yes, because I would want to have money, even though that shouldn’t be a priority.



1. Sheila is a nurse, and she in not happy with her situation even though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school to get a degree to teach, but she realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is used to making. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job or making a sacrifice when it comes to income to be happy. What should she do?
-I think if teaching makes her happy and can still support her, then she should do that. It would make her a lot happier.
2. Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings set aside and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He is considered taking the job even though he knows he will eventually hate what he is doing. He figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan?
-I would tell him that if the job he is at makes him very happy and again, supports them, then stay there. It’s not like you are dying because of money issues. Stay with what makes you happy.

Anonymous said...

1. Do you know anyone who hates their job? Why do you think they continue to do it?
No, I do not. They do it because they love it.
2. What strategies do you have in getting a job?
Take opportunities that are given to you.
3. If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit you when looking for a job?
It gives you extra “experience” or understanding of your selected vocation.
4. How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job?
Money matters very little to me.
5. Would you do something you did not like in order to make five or ten times more than the average worker? Why or Why not?
Never! I only have one life to live and even though I cannot afford something THEN, it matters all the more to me when I work for it.

Case Studies

1. Sheila is a nurse, and she is not happy with her situation even though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school to get a degree to teach, but she realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is used to making. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job or making a sacrifice when it comes to income happy. What should Sheila do?

Do what you want with your life. You’ll have less, but you are gaining so much more when you are doing something you love.

2. Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings put aside, and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan?

For the sake of the family, get in that money and clear debt. After you get enough money saved for hard times, you can go back. You may love your new job and try it out if you have the chance.

Anonymous said...

Type the Discussion Questions on page 127 of your Financial Peace Workbook and answer them in a complete sentence. Also, type the Case Studies on page 127 of your Financial Peace Workbook and answer them in a complete sentence.


1. Do you know anyone who hates their job? Why do you think they continue doing it?
My parents, and because money is essential to live.
2. What strategies do you have in getting a job? To show my intelligence.
3. If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit you when looking for a job? It will look good in a resume.
4. How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job? I need income, because I need the money, but I will have to like it.
5.Would you do something you did not like in order to make five to ten times more than the average worker? Why or why not? Yes, because I could do that for awhile and then get the job I want.

1. Shelia is a nurse, and she is not happy with her situation even though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school to get a degree to teach, but she realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is used to making. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job or making a sacrifice when it comes to income to be happy. What should Shelia do? Take the money she makes and work both jobs, at different shifts. She could teach a night school.
2. Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings put aside, and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He is considering taking the job even though he knows he will eventually hate what he is doing. He figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan? To take the other job and find a hobby like his other job.

Anonymous said...

1.Do you know anyone who hates their job? Why do you think they continue doing it? –Yes. Because money is a big thing and they are afraid they wont get a better one later on.
2. What strategies do you have in getting a job? –Intelligence and integrity.
3. If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit you when looking for a job? –You will get a job from your education and you’ll earn more money.
4. How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job? –I will use it carefully.
5. Would you do something you did not like in order to make five to ten times more then the average worker? Why or why not? –Yes because I like money. And when it comes to needing money, you’ll do anything to get it.


1. Sheila is a nurse, and she is not happy with her situation even though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school to get a degree to teach, but realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is used to making. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job or making a sacrifice when it comes to income to be happy. What should Sheila do? –I think she should do what makes her happy. She could use her money from her nursing income for school.
2. Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings put aside, and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He is considering taking the job even though he knows he will eventually hate what he is doing. He figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan? –I would tell him to take that job because if he don’t then he wont get by and he will never pay off that debt when a baby is soon to come.

Anonymous said...

Discussion

1. Do you know someone that hates their job? Why do you think they continue to do it? - They continue to do it so they can bring home the money they need.
2. What strategies do you have in getting a job? –I make a good impression and stay calm.
3. If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit you when looking for a job? –it will show that I have a good education.
4. How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job? –I will see how much money I need for the bills and compare that to how much I like the job.
5. Would you do something you did not like in order to make five to ten times more than the average worker? Why or why not? –yes, because I would more than likely need the money for bills and what not.

Case Studies

1. Sheila is a nurse, and she is not happy with her situation even though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school to get a degree to teach, but she realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is making now. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job or making a sacrifice when it comes to income to be happy. What should Sheila do?
-I would tell Sheila to go with being a teacher. If it is something she loves, do it.
2. Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings put aside, and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He is considering taking the job even though he knows he will eventually hate what he is doing. Eh figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan?
-I would tell ryan to take the job. He really needs the money considering they are having a child. He can just save up. If he begins to hate the job, he can just go back.

Anonymous said...

Discussion

1. Do you know anyone who hates their job? Why do you think they continue doing it?
-Yes, because they get good money with what they’re doing.

2. What strategies do you have in getting a job?
- I already have a job at my dad’s tanning salon.

3. If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit you when looking for a job?
- The more you know, the more someone would want to hire you.

4. How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job?
-I would save as much as a can for a house.

5. Would you do something you did not like in order to make five to ten times more than the average worker? Why or why not?
-Yes I would so I would have a higher income for more things to save for.

Case Studies

1. Shelia is a nurse, and she is not happy with her situation ever though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school and get a degree to teach, but she realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is used to making. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job or making a sacrifice when it comes to income to be happy. What should Shelia do?
- Shelia should do what she wants to do and what makes her happy.

2. Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings put aside, and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He is considering taking the job even though he knows he will eventually hate what he is doing. He figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan?
-I would tell him to do what he thinks is the right think for his family which is taking that new job.

Anonymous said...

Discussion:
1. Do you know anyone who hates their job? Why do you think they continue to do it?
-Yes, they will keep doing it to get the money to pay for their children though.

2. What strategies do you have in getting a job?
-I plan to go to any place I can to get a job for right now to get me a little money.

3. If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit your education?
-I am going to further my education and it will benefit greatly and I will learn more things.

4. How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job?
-I would rather love my job and not make a dime than hate the job and get paid greatly for it.

5. Would you do something you did not like in order to make five to ten time more than the average worker?
-No I would not do it. I want to be at a place where they pay me right and I am doing what I love.

Case Studies:
1. Sheila is a nurse, and she in not happy with her situation even though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school to get a degree to teach, but she realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is used to making. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job or making a sacrifice when it comes to income to be happy. What should she do?
-I think for fight now she should stay as a nurse until she saves up enough money to go to school and to maintain her until she becomes a teacher.

2. Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings set aside and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He is considered taking the job even though he knows he will eventually hate what he is doing. He figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan?
-Sometimes people have to make sacrifices for their children and The new job will be ideal for his new family because it is not just him now.

Anonymous said...

Discussion
1). Do you know someone that hates their job? Why do you think they continue to do it?
They continue to do it so they can bring home the money they need. They have to have the money.
2). What strategies do you have in getting a job?
I make a good impression and stay calm. Keep a good head on my shoulders.
3). If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit you when looking for a job?
It will show that I have a good education and that I know what I am doing.
4). How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job?
I will see how much money I need for the bills and compare that to how much I like the job and my work.
5). Would you do something you did not like in order to make five to ten times more than the average worker? Why or why not? Yes, because I would more than likely need the money for bills and what else you need.

Case Studies
1). Sheila is a nurse, and she is not happy with her situation even though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school to get a degree to teach, but she realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is making now. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job and making a sacrifice when it comes to income to be happy. What should Sheila do?
I would tell Sheila to go with being a teacher. Only if she loves teaching though.
2). Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings put aside, and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He is considering taking the job even though he knows he will eventually hate what he is doing. Eh figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan?
I would tell Ryan to take the job. He really needs the money considering they are having a child. If he hates the job then he needs to find a better one.

Anonymous said...

Do you know anyone who hates their job? Why do you think they continue to do it?
Yes. They might need the money to pay their bills.

What strategies do you have in getting a job?
I just fill out an application, go to the interviews and hope that they like me.

If you are going to further your education, how do you think that will benefit your education?
I think that getting smarter and going to college can get you a great job.

How will you value income when it compares to satisfaction with a job?
Well, if my job has low income and I need more money then I will get a new job.

Would you do something you did not like in order to make five to ten time more than the average worker?
Well, I would try to find a job getting more money but if I could not find one then yes.

Sheila is a nurse, and she in not happy with her situation even though her income is above average. She wants to go back to school to get a degree to teach, but she realizes it will cost money to go to school. Her income as a teacher will be about half of what she is used to making. She is torn between being unhappy in a good paying job or making a sacrifice when it comes to income to be happy. What should she do?
I tihnk that she should take the job that makes her more happy. That's what I would do.

Ryan loves his work but is making only enough for him and his wife to get by. They have no savings set aside and they have $5,000 in credit card debt. His income is only $27,000 per year, but now he has been offered a position making $65,000 per year. He is considered taking the job even though he knows he will eventually hate what he is doing. He figures he needs to make as much as possible for his family, as his wife is expecting their first child. What advice would you give Ryan?
He needs to take the better job. The one that pays more will help him take care of his child.