Tuesday, May 13, 2008

RESILIENCY Due 05-13-2008

Define resiliency. (Minimum 1 sentence)

Do you believe people are born resilient, or is resiliency a skill or trait one can develop? (Minimum 3 sentences)

Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic. (Minimum 1 sentence)

Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)

Do you consider yourself to to be resilient. Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicates very resilient. (Minimum 2 sentences)

What or who contributes to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)

What do you they think enables people to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)

Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)

Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you? (Minimum 3 sentences)


What are the lyrics to the Elton John song "I'm Still Standing" (Paste them here)

Find the song on the Internet. Put on your headphones and listen to it.

What does the song have to do with resilency? (Minimum 3 sentences)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Define resiliency. (Minimum 1 sentence)
-The ability to recover quickly from depression or discouragement.

Do you believe people are born resilient, or is resiliency a skill or trait one can develop? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I believe that it is a skill or trait that you have to develop on your own. One can not be born to come out of depression or soemthing like that when your born. You have to have problems and then you ahould be able to develop it.

Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic. (Minimum 1 sentence)
-For some people it would be a desirable characteristic.

Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Because for some they need to be resiliant. They have alot of problems and just need to get over it fast. And the only way is to be resiliant.

Do you consider yourself to to be resilient. Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicates very resilient. (Minimum 2 sentences)
-Yes i do in a way consider myself to be resiliant. I would probably be a 5.
What or who contributes to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Well if someone hurt you really bad. You would need to be resiliant to get over it fast. Or problems at home.

What do you they think enables people to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I think people that are tired of people running over them. People that are tired of being depressed and tired and are wanting to get rid of it. They want to make a change in themselves for good.

Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Yes i think there are people like that. because there are people who admire others peoples resiliancy. Because some people just cant be like that.

Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Yeah i would have to say my sister. She has been so much just in her short 16 years of being on this earth. And she does a pretty good job at being resiliant and moving on with her life because she kows that life is short and you have to live it to the fullest.

Anonymous said...

Define resiliency. (Minimum 1 sentence)

-The act of springing back, rebounding, or resiling.

Do you believe people are born resilient, or is resiliency a skill or trait one can develop? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-I think people develope it. They may develope it from people they are around. Children can be taught it from their parents.

Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic. (Minimum 1 sentence)

-Yes i consider it to be desirable.

Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-Because you want to be resilent against bad things. You need to be able to get back up if some one pushes you down. You should be resilient against that person.

Do you consider yourself to to be resilient. Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicates very resilient. (Minimum 2 sentences)

-Yes i would consider my self a verry resilient person. I am about a 7 or and 8.

What or who contributes to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-The person that you need to be resilient to contributes. For example, I reach over and puch cody in the face. He will most likely be resilient and punch me back unlike other non-resilient people.

What do you they think enables people to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-If some one causes them to. If some one puches you long enough. I think alot of it is pride however.

Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-Yes every one has a role model. If it is a resilient one, then you are most likely going to be resilient. So you can be similar to that role model.

Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-Yes there are. When i am around my brother i tend to be a little more resilient. I guess it is because he is the most resilient person i know.

Anonymous said...

Define resiliency. (Minimum 1 sentence)
the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.
ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyancy.

Do you believe people are born resilient, or is resiliency a skill or trait one can develop? (Minimum 3 sentences) i believe it can become a skill. overcoming adversity is a major skill. but at the same time if their body has changed than i dont think it will go back to what it was.

Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic. (Minimum 1 sentence) yes i do.

Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences) because everybody would like to change how they look or feel. people want to be complemented. people love attention.

Do you consider yourself to to be resilient. Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicates very resilient. (Minimum 2 sentences) about 5. i would probably be in the middle.

What or who contributes to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences) God gives you the strenght to over come adversity. he makes you like he wants you. he doesnt want you to change.

What do you they think enables people to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences) they want it to bad. they want their trait to be resiliency so bad they would do anything. which makes them try to hard.

Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences) yes i believe so. young people look up to role models. they see them overcoming their problems.

Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you? (Minimum 3 sentences) well i think my aunt and uncle. they lost their children in two seperate accidents. only 18 months apart. they are still struggling but i cant even imagin losing both of my kids.

Anonymous said...

Define resiliency.
The ability to come back to original performance after a difficult situation.

Do you believe people are born resilient, or are resiliency a skill or trait one can develop?

I guess that really depends on the person. My personal belief is that no one is “born” a certain way. They make choices to develop themselves into the person they want to be.

Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic.

Who wouldn’t?
Why or why not?

Why would you EVER want to be around someone who is constantly in a hole? You need to be able to move on. Bad things happen but you should get back up and keep going.

Do you consider yourself to be resilient? Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicate very resilient.

I consider myself to be a solid 8. I’m not the go get them type but when I know I need to – I will.

What or who contributes to someone's ability to be resilient?

The environment probably induces a person’s characteristic. It also depends on your parents. But, the ultimate decision in the end is made by the person.

What do you they think enables people to be resilient?
Striving for a goal. If people have the goal mindset – they can pretty much do anything. Nothing can stop someone once they have decided themselves that “this WILL happen”.

Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient?

I’m not exactly sure. I do not have a role model. I doubt anyone is capable of being a role model when it comes to this topic.

Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you?

I consider my mother to be the most resilient person I know. I am so glad we have bought a house. Not many divorced mothers can claim they bought a house on their own.

What are the lyrics to the Elton John song "I'm Still Standing" (Paste them here)
You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use

And did you think this fool could never win
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah

Once I never could hope to win
You starting down the road leaving me again
The threats you made were meant to cut me down
And if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now



Find the song on the Internet. Put on your headphones and listen to it.

What does the song have to do with resiliency?
It is about a problem he has had with someone else. They thought he was incapable and he proved them wrong. When everything was stacked against him – he rose to the top! Take that sir Knight!

Anonymous said...

Define resiliency. (Minimum 1 sentence)
Resilience is what researchers now refer to the capacity to endure stress and bounce back
Do you believe people are born resilient, or is resiliency a skill or trait one can develop? (Minimum 3 sentences)
I think that resiliency is developed. Not a lot of people can take stress that easily. I am not resilient.
Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic. (Minimum 1 sentence)
Yes, I believe so.
Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)
Because it can be extremely useful. I think that if stress were not a factor some would do better. I work well under pressure.
Do you consider yourself to to be resilient. Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicates very resilient. (Minimum 2 sentences)
Maybe a five. I don’t take stress very well, but more so than others.
What or who contributes to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
It depends on what the situation is. That’s the key thing. You have to learn not to worry.
What do you they think enables people to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
I think that patience is key. I really have no patience, so I am not very good under stress. It messes me up.
Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
I don’t think so, I think people decide who they are. It’s a little hard to understand. You can make yourself whoever you want to.
Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you? (Minimum 3 sentences)
I suppose so. I don’t know many who are resilient. If they were, I would just call them crazy perhaps.
What are the lyrics to the Elton John song "I'm Still Standing" (Paste them here)


You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use

And did you think this fool could never win
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away


Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind


I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah


Once I never could hope to win
You starting down the road leaving me again
The threats you made were meant to cut me down
And if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now
Find the song on the Internet. Put on your headphones and listen to it.

What does the song have to do with resiliency? (Minimum 3 sentences) it has to do with being persistent, and not giving up. How if he stands up others do not. Just has to do with putting up with this person.

Anonymous said...

Define resiliency. (Minimum 1 sentence)
-The ability to bounce back.

Do you believe people are born resilient, or is resiliency a skill or trait one can develop? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I believe that one can develop it. I think that it is a thing you want, and you have to be determined to have, not something you can automatically have. You might can be born with it, but in my opinion, you have to want it.

Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic. (Minimum 1 sentence)
-Yes, I do.

Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I think it would be a good thing to have because it shows that you are determined in some sort of way. It shows that you actually care about things around you. And also, you want to take action to be better at things.

Do you consider yourself to be resilient? Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicates very resilient. (Minimum 2 sentences)
-If I were to rate myself I would say I was about an 8 ½. I like to see myself as someone who wants to fix things if I don’t do it as good as I know I could.


What do you they think enables people to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I think that it is themselves. Because they want to be a good person and get things back on to track. They don’t want to get into things that aren’t good for them.

Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-My momma is my role model. She bought her own car with no help from anyone. And that makes me proud of her because she depended on herself, and not others.

Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Yes, there are a few people I can think of. They are always trying to do things to be better at something and striving to be the best. I look up to them and hope that they inspire me to do the same.

What are the lyrics to the Elton John song "I'm Still Standing" (Paste them here)
-You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use

And did you think this fool could never win
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah

Once I never could hope to win
You starting down the road leaving me again
The threats you made were meant to cut me down
And if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now

Find the song on the Internet. Put on your headphones and listen to it.

What does the song have to do with resiliency? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Some one said that he couldn’t do something. Then, he proved them wrong. And he DOMINATED!!

Anonymous said...

Define resiliency.
-It means to have a major change in your life.

Do you believe people are born resilient, or is resiliency a skill or trait one can develop?
-I think it’s a trait. Everyone goes through hard times. But everyone can go from depressed to the happiest person ever.

Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic. –No, I do not think it is a desirable characteristic.

Why or why not?
-Because no one knows when they’re going to go through something in their life. A ‘special’ kid can be blessed one day and be the smartest person ever. Miracles an happen anywhere and anytime.

Do you consider yourself to to be resilient. Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicates very resilient.
-I would rate myself a 5. I can be upset at times and bounce back to being happy the nexy day.

What or who contributes to someone's ability to be resilient?
-A laffy taffy is a resilient. It can be in one shape and bounce back to another. Everyone could be a resilient person.

What do you they think enables people to be resilient?
-If they think too much about themselves. Everyone needs to be happy and cheerful and they won’t be resilient. Anyone could do it.

Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient?
-Yes, there are many of them. Brittany Spears is a good example. She went through a hard time in her life and now she is happy.

Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you?
-Yes, there is someone in my life. She keeps put down a lot and is always showing she is happy. She is my grandmother and the person I inspire the most.

What are the lyrics to the Elton John song "I'm Still Standing"
- You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use

And did you think this fool could never win
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah

Once I never could hope to win
You starting down the road leaving me again
The threats you made were meant to cut me down
And if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now

Find the song on the Internet. Put on your headphones and listen to it.

What does the song have to do with resilency?
-It talks about someone people sad and upset. Then in the song, the person comes back happy and cheerful. This song has a lot to do with resilency.

Anonymous said...

Define resiliency. (Minimum 1 sentence)
The ability to recover quickly from depression or discouragement in life.

Do you believe people are born resilient, or is resiliency a skill or trait one can develop? (Minimum 3 sentences)
I believe that it is a skill or trait that you have to develop on your own time and abilities. One can not be born to come out of depression or something like that when you’re born. You have to have problems and then you should be able to develop it and get through it.

Do you consider resiliency to be a desirable characteristic. (Minimum 1 sentence)
For some people it would be a desirable characteristic.

Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)
For some people they need to be resilient. They have a lot of problems and just need to get over it fast. And the only way is to be resilient kind of person.

Do you consider yourself to to be resilient. Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 indicates no resiliency and 10 indicates very resilient. (Minimum 2 sentences)
Yes I do in a way consider myself to be resilient. I would probably be a 5.
What or who contributes to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
Well if someone hurt you really bad. You would need to be resilient to get over it fast. Or problems at home or at school.

What do you they think enables people to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
I think people that are tired of people running over them. People that are tired of being depressed and tired and are wanting to get rid of it for good. They want to make a change in themselves for good and keep it that way.

Are there role models or people who contribute to someone's ability to be resilient? (Minimum 3 sentences)
Yes I think there are people like that. Because there are people who admire others peoples resiliency. Because some people in the world just cant be like that.

Are there people in your life who you consider resilient who might be inspirational to you? (Minimum 3 sentences)
Yeah I would say that there are. My parents are defiantly inspirational to me. Some of my friends are also very resilient.