Friday, May 16, 2008

Life with a Disability Due 05-16-2008

Read the definition of disability in the dictionary. Is it described in a positive, negative, or neutral way? (Minimum 2 sentences)

How do you feel when you see someone in a wheelchair? (Minimum 2 sentences)

What kinds of assumptions or judgements do you make about that person? (Minimum 2 sentences)

If you had a friend in a wheelchair, would they be able to enter your house? (Minimum 1 sentence)

List places that you can think of that aren't "handicap accessible." (Minimum 3 sentences)

What are some things you would have to stop doing if your were in a wheelchair today? (Minimum 3 sentences)

What are some places you couldn't go to today? (Minimum 3 sentences)

How would being in a wheelchair affect your attitude? (Minimum 2 sentences)

How about your self-esteem? (Minimum 2 sentences)


Read the essay. Click here for the text of the essay "Life With a Disability," by Amber Junker.


What are some things that would change about you if you were in a wheelchair today? (Minimum 3 sentences)

Could you be happy in a wheelchair? (Minimum 2 sentences)


What is a disability that would be most difficult for you? (Minimum 2 sentences)


Would your friends change? (Minimum 1 sentence)


Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read the definition of disability in the dictionary. Is it described in a positive, negative, or neutral way? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-It is neutral. Disability is something you cant help or change it is neither positive or negative.

How do you feel when you see someone in a wheelchair? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-Its sad that he/she has never walked. I feel very thankful that I can walk and what I have.

What kinds of assumptions or judgements do you make about that person? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-I assume that he/she needs help with something. I never judge them though.

If you had a friend in a wheelchair, would they be able to enter your house? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-No not the way my house it set up it is not wheelchair accessable.

List places that you can think of that aren't "handicap accessible." (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Most places now have handicap accessible things. Most homes are not wheelchair accessible. Some vehicles are not accessible to a disabled person.

What are some things you would have to stop doing if your were in a wheelchair today? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I could not march in the band anymore. I could not go many places at all. My life would turn to a daily hassle.

What are some places you couldn't go to today? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I couldnt go to my grandmothers house. The vehicles we have would not carry me. My house would be very dangerous for me.

How would being in a wheelchair affect your attitude? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-I think it would affect it a lot. My spirit will probably not be to friendly.

How about your self-esteem? (Minimum 2 sentences)
- My self-esteem would definatly go down. I would be down on myself all the time.


Read the essay. Click here for the text of the essay "Life With a Disability," by Amber Junker.

What are some things that would change about you if you were in a wheelchair today? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-My whole personality would change. I would be like a totally different person. I dont know what I would do.

Could you be happy in a wheelchair? (Minimum 2 sentences)
- I could be happy. I think it would take a very long time to accept it.

What is a disability that would be most difficult for you? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-Something that would make me lose my mind completely. Maybe even losing my arms.

Would your friends change? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-I dont know I dont really have that many friends in the first place.

Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Well I dont think my family would look at me differently. I think everyone else will look at me funny. I might even have more friends

Anonymous said...

Read the definition of disability in the dictionary. Is it described in a positive, negative, or neutral way?
I would say it is neutral. It only explains the meaning it doesn’t describe it.

How do you feel when you see someone in a wheelchair?

I don’t really feel anything. It’s just another person.

What kinds of assumptions or judgements do you make about that person?
I do not make any. It really isn’t any of my concern.

If you had a friend in a wheelchair, would they be able to enter your house?
No, that’d be kind of impossible. We have a lot of stairs.

List places that you can think of that aren't "handicap accessible."
I cannot think of anything. Most places are made to be easily accessible. Then again, I don’t really look for it.

What are some things you would have to stop doing if your were in a wheelchair today?
Dancing would be one of them (duh). I like to jump rope. Seems kind of hard in a wheel chair.

What are some places you couldn't go to today?
Hmm, I could not go in my house. Getting in my car would be a problem. Oh, and getting to my attic room for games.

How would being in a wheelchair affect your attitude?

1. I wouldn’t let myself get in a wheel chair. 2. I’d probably just die 

How about your self-esteem?

Who cares about that? You shouldn’t let stuff like that mess around with you.
Read the essay. Click here for the text of the essay "Life With a Disability," by Amber Junker.


What are some things that would change about you if you were in a wheelchair today?
My outlook would change. You are near the ground. Point of view is different too.

Could you be happy in a wheelchair?

You could, but I doubt I would. I really abhor wheel chairs.

What is a disability that would be most difficult for you?

Losing my Sight and Hearing would crush me. I love those senses way to much. Take smell and taste for all I care.

Would your friends change?

I don’t know.

Why or why not?
That’s for them to decide. I can’t choose for someone else. I doubt something like that would change how people view me.

Anonymous said...

Read the definition of disability in the dictionary. Is it described in a positive, negative, or neutral way?
It is used in a negative way. There is also a neutral way.

How do you feel when you see someone in a wheelchair?
It makes me feel bad for them. I wonder what it is like to be like that.

What kinds of assumptions or judgments do you make about that person?
I think that life is hard on them. I also think that life is cruel and wrong for them.

If you had a friend in a wheelchair, would they be able to enter your house? Yes they would be able to.

List places that you can think of that aren't "handicap accessible." Places like basketball arenas. Also some restaurants are not for the disable. Oh even some parking decks.

What are some things you would have to stop doing if your were in a wheelchair today?
Playing basketball would be hard. I couldn’t fish anymore. I also could not slam dunk anymore.

What are some places you couldn't go to today?
I couldn’t go down the halls that easy. I couldn’t go through metal detectors. I couldn’t go up to the gyms top bleachers.

How would being in a wheelchair affect your attitude?
It would make you feel like you were looked down own. It would make me think that I was less of a person.

How about your self-esteem?
I would be a little put down. I would eventually grow into it though. It wouldn’t make me happy.


Read the essay. Click here for the text of the essay "Life With a Disability," by Amber Junker.


What are some things that would change about you if you were in a wheelchair today?
How I moved about and did things. I wouldn’t be able to go out into the woods anymore. I would also be mad that I couldn’t play ball anymore.

Could you be happy in a wheelchair?
Oh yes, I am certain that I could be happy. I would enter some kind of a wheelchair race or something.


What is a disability that would be most difficult for you? Not having any arms. Another one would be not having any legs at all.


Would your friends change?
Probably just a little bit.


Why or why not?
I wouldn’t be able to do the things that they did. I couldn’t keep up with them. I would make new friends in wheelchairs.

Anonymous said...

Read the definition of disability in the dictionary. Is it described in a positive, negative, or neutral way?
- It is in kind of a negative way. It don't really say nothing bad but it don't say anything to make you proud of being disabled of to mke you want to be disabled.

How do you feel when you see someone in a wheelchair?
- I feel sorry for them. It makes you feel bad when you see someone who can't walk.

What kinds of assumptions or judgements do you make about that person?
-I first think about how is must suck not being able to walk. Then i think kabout how there life is. How they take care of there families and there cars and stuff when they can't even walk.

If you had a friend in a wheelchair, would they be able to enter your house?
-Yes. We have a ramp instead of steps.

List places that you can think of that aren't "handicap accessible."
-A bunch of places aint handicap accessible. Places like skate parks, concerts such things. Also some parks are not even handicap accessible.

What are some things you would have to stop doing if your were in a wheelchair today?
-I would have to stop fishing. This would really hurt my feelings because i loce to fish, it is one of my most favorite things to do. I would also have to quit riding dirtbikes, which would also suck.

What are some places you couldn't go to today?
-Fishing, motocross riding, muding. These are my favorite things to do, i don't know how i could live without them. I don't think i could i lvoe doign them so much.

How would being in a wheelchair affect your attitude?
-It would provavlly effect it alot. Knowing that your in a wheel chair would make you selfesteem go way down.

How about your self-esteem?
-Your selfesteem would be no more. You would have no mroe self-esteem, it would all disappear when you got disabilitized.

What are some things that would change about you if you were in a wheelchair today?
-You wouldn't be able to use the bathroom at most public places. You wouldn't be able to use the shower at most hotels. You wouldn't be able to go to most national state parks that they say have handicap accessible trails but really don't.

Could you be happy in a wheelchair?
-Yes i think so. It would be bad, but after you got used to it you could still be happy.

What is a disability that would be most difficult for you?
-It probablly would be, getting put in a wheelchair. Just about everythign i do, and everything i enjoy doing involves being capable to use your legs.

Would your friends change?
-Yes. Well i think so anyways.

Why or why not?
- Most teenagers probabllty wouldn't want friends that are disabled. They can't enjoy adn do the same thigns so they probablly aint going to get along to well. But who knows, anythign is possible.

Anonymous said...

Read the definition of disability in the dictionary. Is it described in a positive, negative, or neutral way? (Minimum 2 sentences) It is a sort of negative feeling. Being disabled is a bad thing.

How do you feel when you see someone in a wheelchair? (Minimum 2 sentences) I feel bad for that person. Being in a wheelchair has a negative affect on people around the one who’s disabled.

What kinds of assumptions or judgments do you make about that person? (Minimum 2 sentences) He would one day make it once he recovers. I think that when the time comes, people in wheelchairs will recover.

If you had a friend in a wheelchair, would they be able to enter your house? (Minimum 1 sentence) If we had some sort of ramp in the yard, yes.

List places that you can think of that aren't "handicap accessible." (Minimum 3 sentences) Certain homes aren’t handicap accessible. Sometimes, stores don’t have handicap spaces. Places with stairs don’t have handicap accessibility.

What are some things you would have to stop doing if you’re in a wheelchair today? (Minimum 3 sentences) I would never go home through the front door. I would not go to bed quite so easily. I wouldn’t even have to sit Indian-style.

What are some places you couldn't go to today? (Minimum 3 sentences) The back yard would be one of those places. The car would be one thing to not get around with. I wouldn’t even get to the family reunion tomorrow.

How would being in a wheelchair affect your attitude? (Minimum 2 sentences) It would affect it negatively. I wouldn’t even make threats to injure Mr. Michael Armstrong.

How about your self-esteem? (Minimum 2 sentences) It would also have a plunge in self esteem. I wouldn’t even have fun with Mr. Jacob Williams.

What are some things that would change about you if you were in a wheelchair today? (Minimum 3 sentences) I wouldn’t even be able to walk. I wouldn’t have to go to the bathroom. I wouldn’t even go around obstacles in the house.

Could you be happy in a wheelchair? (Minimum 2 sentences) No, I couldn’t. I would not be happy if I were in a wheelchair.


What is a disability that would be most difficult for you? (Minimum 2 sentences) Blindness combined with deafness. I wouldn’t be able to see or hear, just rely on smell, taste, and touch.


Would your friends change? (Minimum 1 sentence) It would only the ones who would mock me and laugh at me and call me names.


Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences) They would not feel sorry for me. They would not give me gifts. They wouldn’t even greet me when I come to school.

Anonymous said...

Read the definition of disability in the dictionary. Is it described in a positive, negative, or neutral way? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-It would say it’s kind of negative. It’s actually kind of depressing because it makes you realize someone really is actually disable.

How do you feel when you see someone in a wheelchair? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-I feel bad for them because most of the time they aren’t able to walk or do the things we are capable of doing. So, sometimes I get sad for them and feel pity, and sometimes I don’t. it just depends.
What kinds of assumptions or judgements do you make about that person? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-I just think to myself, they are either really really disable, or just lazy. Sometimes it’s hard to tell.

If you had a friend in a wheelchair, would they be able to enter your house? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-Actually, yes. I have a handicap accessible porch thingy to enter the backdoor of my house.

List places that you can think of that aren't "handicap accessible." (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Gabby Brown’s house is one place. The press box isn’t either. I really can’t think of any more places except for people’s houses.

What are some things you would have to stop doing if your were in a wheelchair today? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Well, walking would have to stop for one thing. Dancing like a crazy person would have to stop as well. =[ and, being an athlete that contains being on your feet to do it would have to stop.

What are some places you couldn't go to today? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Well, unless I have some sort of car I could sit in with my wheel chair, I wouldn’t be going anywhere. But I wouldn’t be able to go to my boyfriends house, or my best friends house. I wouldn’t be able to go to Gabby’s house.

How would being in a wheelchair affect your attitude? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-It would make me feel pretty much helpless. I hate the feeling like I can’t do anything myself, and I would pretty much feel like that all the time.

How about your self-esteem? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-My self esteem would go way down. I would think low and bad of my self.

Read the essay. Click here for the text of the essay "Life With a Disability," by Amber Junker.
-

What are some things that would change about you if you were in a wheelchair today? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-My attitude towards things. I would probably get mad a lot more because everyone would want to do stuff for me, and I hate when people do stuff for me that I can do myself. I would be unhappy a lot more than I am now.

Could you be happy in a wheelchair? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-I probably could be happy. But, I wouldn’t be as happy.


What is a disability that would be most difficult for you? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-I would hate to be deaf. It would absolutely kill me!


Would your friends change? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-I would hope not, but they more than likely would.

Why or why not? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Because they would want to be there for me more. They would try to do things for me and help me in everyway they could. And probably wouldn’t want to be mean because they would feel bad for me.

Anonymous said...

Read the definition of disability in the dictionary. Is it described in a positive, negative, or neutral way? I would say neutral. It really depends on who you are by the way you take things. (Minimum 2 sentences)

How do you feel when you see someone in a wheelchair? I feel lots of different things. For one I feel sorry. (Minimum 2 sentences)

What kinds of assumptions or judgements do you make about that person? I wonder what happened. I never judge them badly. (Minimum 2 sentences)

If you had a friend in a wheelchair, would they be able to enter your house? Yes I have lots of them. No, not at the moment we haven’t built a ramp yet. nimum 1 sentence)

List places that you can think of that aren't "handicap accessible." There are plenty of places like the mall. Also many houses ive been to my friends couldn’t get in. Also ive even seen some side walks that aren’t wheelchair accessible. sentences)

What are some things you would have to stop doing if your were in a wheelchair today? Well I couldn’t run, And I love beong able to do that. I couldn’t hike and I love doing that. Also that would keep me from playing DDR. I love that game. (Minimum 3 sentences)

What are some places you couldn't go to today? Well ive pretty much named them all. For one in the mall. Also in my own house.(Minimum 3 sentences)

How would being in a wheelchair affect your attitude? Well there is no telling. I think it would change it horribly. I would be very jealous of walking people. (Minimum 2 sentences)

How about your self-esteem? It would change too. I couldn’t really tell you. I would be low. Minimum 2 sentences)


Read the essay. Click here for the text of the essay "Life With a Disability," by Amber Junker.


What are some things that would change about you if you were in a wheelchair today? Well there isn’t any way to really know. I could be upset. Or I could be happy.(Minimum 3 sentences)

Could you be happy in a wheelchair? More than likely ill have my moment. But all in all I wouldn’t like it. (Minimum 2 sentences)


What is a disability that would be most difficult for you? I would hate to not hear or see I would go crazy. I love music and I love looking at things. (Minimum 2 sentences)


Would your friends change? Maybe, there isn’t any telling these days. (Minimum 1 sentence)


Why or why not? They all think differently. Some talk to me cuz there friends. And others talk to me because they think im popular. (Minimum 3 sentences)