Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Respect Part 4 Due 04-10-2008

(Post the questions and the answers to the questions in a complete sentence)

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? (Minimum 1 sentence)

What is the difference? (Minimum 1 sentence)


How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? (Minimum 2 sentences)


Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. (Minimum 3 sentences)


Why did it happen? (Minimum 3 sentences)


Was it the right thing to do? (Minimum 1 sentence)


What were the consequences? (Minimum 1 sentence)


How did it make the other person feel? (Minimum 1 sentence)


What did you learn from the experience? (Minimum 3 sentences)


Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. (Minimum 3 sentences)


How would that affect your relationships with others? (Minimum 3 sentences)


How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? (Minimum 3 sentences)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear?
I think is fear of acceptance.

What is the difference?
Fear is using meaness for respect and respect and earning it.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect?
Because if they are trying to earn respect through being a bully they are not truely respectful. Therefor its disrespectful because they are truthful.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone.
I was really disrespectful yesterday actually. A server was telling me I wasnt doing something right and snapped on her. She has been working longer than i have but i considered her correction wrong. She informed me that i was disrespectful to her.

Why did it happen?
Because when im at work i have a problem with athority and i got hot headed at her.

Was it the right thing to do?
No. I should have just listened to her correction and did what she said.

What were the consequences?
Yes. She told the manager(i wasnt not introuble) and he said somethign to me about it.

How did it make the other person feel?
Like i ran over her seniority.

What did you learn from the experience?
Take correction openly and dont talk back.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person.
Keep my mouth shut when i feel like mouthing off. Listen to others when they are only trying to help me. Learn from my mustakes and dont keep making them.

How would that affect your relationships with others?
I would not effect them. I would benifit them. Our relationships would be better because I listen better.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person?
Well, giving respect means recieving respect. I would not get my feeling hurt when someone tries to correct me. More then likely it would make me a better person.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? I think it is definitely fear.

What is the difference? If you are fearful then you are scared of them, but if you respect them then you will show them.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? If you bully someone then you are not going to be respected. I don’t bully people so I don’t get disrespected.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. I was disrespectful to my grandmother when she told me what to do. I didn’t listen to a word she said. She told me to clean my room and I yelled at her and told her “NO!” Now that she is dead I don’t think that I will ever disrespect anyone again.

Why did it happen? I’m not really sure. I was a little kid and I just didn’t want to. I was a very stubborn kid. That will never happen again.

Was it the right thing to do? It was not the right thing to do by no means.

What were the consequences? Well, I was little so I just got a time out, but I still didn’t like it.

How did it make the other person feel? She got very angry with me.

What did you learn from the experience? I learned that I need to listen to my family. I could not stand to do it again. I will, from now on, do whatever I am told to do.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. I could listen to my family. I could not yell at them. I could spend time with them instead of throwing our family relationship away.

How would that affect your relationships with others? They would appreciate me more. I really think that they would talk to me more. I also think that they will go out with me to dinner or something.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? When I respect someone it makes me feel like the bigger person. I feel that they are respectful to me. I also think that that they will feel better about our friend or familyship.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-I think that it is fear of people aceepting them for who they really are.

What is the difference? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-Fear is just being mean and respect is you earning soemone elses respect.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-How It is an act of disrespect is you might be hurting someone and or messing up someones property. And that is not respectful of people or there things.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. (Minimum 3 sentences)
-There was one time when i was disrespectful to my parents. I kept mouthing off to my parents when they would try and correct me. Because i thought that i was right all the time but the truth is im not.

Why did it happen? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Because i have to be right. No matter what if im not then i will get an attitude sometimes. But thats not how you should handle it.

Was it the right thing to do? (Minimum 1 sentence)
- The right thing to do is take your correction or whatever and learn from it.

What were the consequences? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-The consequences were getting in trouble or getting grounded or something like that.

How did it make the other person feel? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-It made the other person feel like they were nothing more than dirt on this fllor.

What did you learn from the experience? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I learned alot of things. I learned that you always need to be respectful to everyone whether your right or wrong. And that if you do the right things then you wont get into trouble.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I could be nicer to people. And i could not argue as much. and i can learn from my mistakes and not get mad at people so easy.

How would that affect your relationships with others? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-It could affect it in alot of ways. Like people might like me more. And in return respect me.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-It benefits in alot of ways. Like having alot of friends is one benefit. And be a more likeable person too.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? (Minimum 1 sentence) i think it is fear.

What is the difference? (Minimum 1 sentence) respect is something nice you show toward someone and fear is when your scared.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? (Minimum 2 sentences) you are disrespecting the person that you are bullying. also you are disrespecting the rules.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. (Minimum 3 sentences) i used to be a very disrespectful kid when i was in jr high. all the teachers had to hate me. i would disrupt the class and do other stupid stuff like that.

Why did it happen? (Minimum 3 sentences) I was just really disrespectable. i just wanted to be cool in front of my friends. but all that has change now.

Was it the right thing to do? (Minimum 1 sentence) no not at all

What were the consequences? (Minimum 1 sentence) yea

How did it make the other person feel? (Minimum 1 sentence)i made people real mad.

What did you learn from the experience? (Minimum 3 sentences)
i didnt need to be disrespectable to adults. i needed to behave like a civilized kid. again thats all changed now.
Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. (Minimum 3 sentences) respect my parents. respect my teachers and behave in school. do what jesus would do.

How would that affect your relationships with others? (Minimum 3 sentences) i would be more liked by friends and teachers. i would make it farther in life if i had respect. its important for a good education.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? (Minimum 3 sentences)Better grades in school. which makes life a whole lot easier. you could get a better job when you graduate high school.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? (Minimum 1 sentence)

-I think it is fear of being accepted.

What is the difference? (Minimum 1 sentence)

-Fear is using violence, you earn respect.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? (Minimum 2 sentences)

-If you are being violent to some one you are not showing respect. Some people deserve more but violence is not respect.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. (Minimum 3 sentences)

-This morning i told my mo she is crazy. I was right about the argument. but it was disrespectfull.

Why did it happen? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-Because my mom was yelling at me. she never listens to me. If she did we would not have fought.

Was it the right thing to do? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-No not really.

What were the consequences? (Minimum 1 sentence)

-I got grounded

How did it make the other person feel? (Minimum 1 sentence)

-I have no idea.
Possibly mad.

What did you learn from the experience? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-dont do it. i'll get grounded. and my mom dos'nt listen

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. (Minimum 3 sentences)

-I could not yell as much. Develope a better temper. And be nicer.

How would that affect your relationships with others? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-It would make them better. Or better thant htey are. there would be less fight.



How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? (Minimum 3 sentences)

-More people like you. You make more friends. And there will be less fights between you and your friends

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? (Minimum 1 sentence)

fear, of not being accepted

What is the difference? (Minimum 1 sentence)

respect is earnded not given for anyreason...
fear is given, but for all the wrong reasons

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? (Minimum 2 sentences)

would you hit someone you respect???
violents is an act of hatered agenst another person....


Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. (Minimum 3 sentences)

Yesterday, when i was talken to my mom.Itwas about 5:30 I think. I was at my house.



Why did it happen? (Minimum 3 sentences)

It was for no reason, i just got mad when she told me to cut the grss. She said she was sorry.


Was it the right thing to do? (Minimum 1 sentence)

well, no, i guess not.

What were the consequences? (Minimum 1 sentence)

I got told to shut up.

How did it make the other person feel? (Minimum 1 sentence)

well it made her feel real stupid.

What did you learn from the experience? (Minimum 3 sentences)

That my mom is crazy. She has no idea what she is talken about half the time.And dad is always right.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. (Minimum 3 sentences)

Start taken my meds.Do what im told. Dont argue.


How would that affect your relationships with others? (Minimum 3 sentences)

It would make a big difference.People would like me more.I wouldent give them such a hard time.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? (Minimum 3 sentences)

No matter how great an experience is, you can always leard from it.
being respectfull is great. itmakes everything run smoother.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear?
-I believe it is fear more than it is respect.

What is the difference?
-Respect is to be honest with that person and fear is being scared of them.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect?
-You disrespect the people around you. You also disrespect yourself in many ways.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone.
-I've been disrespectful to my parents before when I shouldn't have been. I tried to make everything seem like the world revolved around me. Disrespecting your parents doesn't just make them feel bad, but it makes youself also feel bad.

Why did it happen?
-I was not thinking at the time. I went through a stage when I thought I was the center of the world. I learned a lot from the time.

Was it the right thing to do?
-I told my parents I was sorry.

What were the consequences?
-I lost respect and trust with my parents.

How did it make the other person feel?
-I made them feel like crap and I feel bad about it.

What did you learn from the experience?
-I learned if you want to be treated a certain way, you need to treat that person the same way. Being treated the way I did made me feel horrible. I learned to never be disrespectful to anymore no matter what.

How would that affect your relationships with others?
-I would loose a lot of my friends if I acted the way I did then. No one wants a friend who thinks their better than everyone. Acting the way I did would affect a lot of my relationships.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person?
-It benefits me just to be better in the way I act. Being respectful benefits a person in a lot of ways. I have respect for people of they have respect for me.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear?
-It is fear.

What is the difference?
-Fear of someone is being scared or afraid of them.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect?
-Because you aren’t respecting someone by bullying them. You aren’t showing them the least bit of respect when you bully them.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone.
-One time I was disrespectful to a friend of mine. I didn’t like how he was talking to me. I got tired of how he was talking towards me so I got disrespectful.

Why did it happen?
-He was saying things about people that I didn’t like. I told him that he needed to stop and he didn’t listen to me. Then, he said something about me and I got mad.

Was it the right thing to do?
-No.

What were the consequences?
-I felt bad for being disrespectful to him.

How did it make the other person feel?
-I don’t know, but he stopped talking about people.

What did you learn from the experience?
-I learned a lot from that. You shouldn’t be disrespectful just because you get mad. You need to control your temper.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person.
-I could control my temper. I could stop getting into other people’s business. Instead of getting mad and letting my temper get the best of me, I could just stay calm and be respectful as possible.

How would that affect your relationships with others?
-I don’t know. I have very good relationships with people now. It may make them better because I would be more respectful than before.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-It changes how other people see me. It shows that I have good character and morals. Also, it would make me a better person.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respected, or is it fear? I think it is them wanting more people to fear them but at the same time the bullies want peoples respect as well.

What is the difference?
They want people to fear them and be afraid of them or they would rather people look up to them.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect?
The bullies are showing disrespect to others when they are mean to them. They show that they rather be mean and get there way than be nice and cooperate.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone.
Yesterday I was being mean to my little brother. I was not showing respect to him when I was poking fun at him. I should not have done that, I should have been nice.

Why did it happen?
He was getting on my nerves. He would not leave me alone. So I just snapped on him like I shouldn’t have.

Was it the right thing to do?
No it was not the right thing to do.

What were the consequences?
I get in trouble when he tells on me.

How did it make the other person feel?
It made him feel really bad and sad from what I had said.

What did you learn from the experience?
I learned to watch my mouth. I also learned to keep my cool in that situation. Last but not least to be nicer to others around me.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person.
Be nicer to those around me. Keep my cool when I get frustrated. Watch what I say to others.

How would that affect your relationships with others?
It would make it stronger. Other people would trust you more. People could also count on you to do things for them.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person?
More people look up to me. I am nicer to those who are around me. I would be able to have more friends.

Anonymous said...

(Post the questions and the answers to the questions in a complete sentence)

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? (Minimum 1 sentence)
It is fear.
What is the difference? (Minimum 1 sentence)
Fear is nothing like respect, it is only fright.
How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? (Minimum 2 sentences)
It batters others feelings, and brings them down to a lower level. It shows no respect, but rather shows disrespect.
Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. (Minimum 3 sentences)I guess the only people I have been disrespectful to is my parents. That was along time ago, and its because I listened to my heart and not my head. It caused a lot of trouble.
Why did it happen? (Minimum 3 sentences)
Because I refused to listen to my parents. I believed someone else over them. It has all gone away though.
Was it the right thing to do? (Minimum 1 sentence)
Was to do what my mother wanted of me, to be who she wanted me to be.
What were the consequences? (Minimum 1 sentence)
I got my heart ripped out by my family, and another.
How did it make the other person feel? (Minimum 1 sentence)
My mother had a hatred for me that I can still see it in her eyes.
What did you learn from the experience? (Minimum 3 sentences)
That I made the wrong choice between my family and another. I traded loyalty of my family for forbidden love. And now I suffer for it.
Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. (Minimum 3 sentences)
I could be nicer, and a more advanced character. I could try to see things from a different point of view. To understand better how others feel.
How would that affect your relationships with others? (Minimum 3 sentences)
It would make me a respected person. I think more people would like me. I think that it would make me a better person.
How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? (Minimum 3 sentences) You have more people there at your funeral I guess. I wouldn’t want to die alone. There again I don’t want to live alone either.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? (Minimum 1 sentence)
This is fear not respect.


What is the difference? (Minimum 1 sentence)
The people respect the person because they are scared of the person.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? (Minimum 2 sentences)
Because you are forcing them to do something or pushing them around and this is not respect. You do not respect them that’s why you bully them.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. (Minimum 3 sentences)
My mom and dad were getting onto me for playing with fire. And they said it was stupid of me. I disagreed and back talked to them

Why did it happen? (Minimum 3 sentences)
Because I told them I was playing with fire. They disliked me doing this. They believed I was stupid and careless for doing this.

Was it the right thing to do? (Minimum 1 sentence)
No it was the worst thing I could have done.

What were the consequences? (Minimum 1 sentence)
I got grounded for a week.

How did it make the other person feel? (Minimum 1 sentence)
They were mad and very disappointed at me.

What did you learn from the experience? (Minimum 3 sentences)
To always respect my parents. For they do a lot for me. And to listen what they tell me to do.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. (Minimum 3 sentences)
I listen better to what people have to say. I could take better care of their stuff. And take in thought others people feelings.

How would that affect your relationships with others? (Minimum 3 sentences)
It would strengthen my relationships with people. It could also help me make more friends. Overall it would be very beneficial to my relationships.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person? (Minimum 3 sentences)
Your relationships with people will be stronger. You will have more friends. Also people will respect you more.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear?
I think its fear of being accepted.

What is the difference?
Fear is being afraid of being accepted, and respect is earning your own.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect?
Because, if you are bullying someone, you wouldn't want to be treated this way. So, thats disrespect.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone.
My mom and I got into a fight yesterday. I told her I thought her rules were dumb or something. I know she is just doing her job as a parent. She told me i was being disrespectful. I agree, i was.

Why did it happen?
We were discussing somewhere I wanted to go this weekend, and she told me I couldnt go.

Was it the right thing to do?
No, It wasnt.

What were the consequences?
I did not get to go where I wanted to go.

How did it make the other person feel?
She got mad at me.

What did you learn from the experience?
I learned that no matter how much I fight back, my mom always wins. I know that she is just doing whats best. I need to think about that before I argue with her.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person.
I could keep my mouth shut when I feel like saying something smart back. I could just accept that shes my mom and listen to her. And I need to learm from my mistakes.

How would that affect your relationships with others?
It would help alot. I would proabably be more likable. People wouldn't view me as disrespectful or having a little bit of a temper.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person?
I would not be viewed as disrespectful. It would help my reputation. My reputations not bad, but it would make it even better.

Anonymous said...

(Post the questions and the answers to the questions in a complete sentence)

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear?
It is fear because they are some freaking sissies and they cant take people not liking them.

What is the difference?
Fear is being scared of something and respect is when you are doing something nice for someone.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect?
It is mean and not doing as God would want you to do.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone.
Well one day in my BET class the teacher gave us more work and I did not want to do it so I threw the paper on the ground.

Why did it happen?
IT was because I was mad.

Was it the right thing to do?
You do the work you were asked to do.

What were the consequences?
I got written up and sent to the office.

How did it make the other person feel?
I have really no clue.

What did you learn from the experience?
TO just do what Im asked to do.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person.
I could do things when Im asked to do them. I could use good manners like yes mam, no mam. I could do nice things for them.

How would that affect your relationships with others?
It would probably help my friends be better friends to me. It would help me show better respect. It would show me what a good person I can be.

How does it benefit you to be a respectful person?
It gives you rewards sometimes. It makes you feel good inside. It lets you know you are being nice to someone else.

Anonymous said...

Bullies are often trying to make people "respect" them. Is this really respect, or is it fear? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-Most people who “respect” bullies just do it so they don’t get bullied, so it’s mostly fear.

What is the difference? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-Respecting a bully is pretty much that same thing a fearing them, if you’re bullied by them.

How is bullying and violent behavior an act of disrespect? (Minimum 2 sentences)
-Bullying people is a very rude thing to do. Bullies are disrespectful to not just the kids or even adults that they bully, but to people around them because they are hurting someone’s friend or a family member of someone.

Write about a time when you were disrespectful to someone. (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I have been disrespectful to my mom. I have argued with her when I know I wasn’t supposed to. I disrespected her by arguing and then not apologizing about it until days later.

Why did it happen? (Minimum 3 sentences)
Me and my mom were talking and she told me no. I didn’t like the answer no so I argued with her. I got really angry and got really mad at her.

Was it the right thing to do? (Minimum 1 sentence)
I should have just said yes mam when she told me no.

What were the consequences? (Minimum 1 sentence)
I didn’t get in trouble, but I hurt my mom’s feelings and that makes me feel worse than getting in trouble.

How did it make the other person feel? (Minimum 1 sentence)
I hurt her and made her feel like she was doing a bad job at parenting.

What did you learn from the experience? (Minimum 3 sentences)
I learned that when mom says no, just to say yes mam even if it makes me mad. Don’t argue with her when I get mad. I should hold in my anger and just be respectful.

Describe three things you could do to be a more respectful person. (Minimum 3 sentences)
-I would hold in my anger like I said before. I can be more understanding when I don’t get my way. And I can just say yes mam to my mom when she tells me no so that I don’t hurt her feelings again and so that she can see that I am respecting her.

How would that affect your relationships with others? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-It would probably make them grow. If others see that I am becoming a more respectful person, they wouldn’t mind being around me. I could make more friends and have a stronger relationship with the friends I already have.