Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Caring Part 2 Due 04-29-2008

(Post the questions and the answers to the questions in a complete sentence)


Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)


To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person? (Minimum 3 sentences)


Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? (Minimum 1 sentence)



Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)



Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? (Minimum 4 sentences)




What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway? (Minimum 3 sentences)


Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community? (Minimum 4 sentences)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)

i disagree with that statement. it might be uncool when you were younger, but as you grow up you realize there are alot of people to care about. there will be plenty of people you care about come in and out of your life. caring is good quality to have. people loved to be cared about.




To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person? (Minimum 3 sentences)

if that person really needed someone to care for them and i realized it than there really wouldnt be an extent. caring about someone will never stop. youll never stop caring about someone that you have cared about before.




Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? (Minimum 1 sentence)

yes but not a great amout. maybe some pocket change.






Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)

will because you never know what they are going to go buy. they could go right in the store after you leave and get alcohol. then you would basically be buying it for them. i would give them a little bit to get something to eat or maybe a drink. you never know what people really want.






Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? (Minimum 4 sentences)

yes i think so. then i know that she would try to support her daughter. i would give them a little more money. enough to get both of them something nice.









What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway? (Minimum 3 sentences)

well i dont think it really does. i think that is just being nice. caring is on a different level.




Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community? (Minimum 4 sentences)
yes i think so. if an older person saw a teenager helping out in the community and caring about something, it would hopefully spread. then the adults would want to make an impact. it would be a chain reaction.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-I disagree with this statement. Because its not uncool to be a caring person. If we didnt have caring people in this world then we would all be messed up. Caring people is what heps keep our world together and alot of us alive. If it was uncool to be caring then we wouldnt have nurses to help us when we were sick or we wouldnt have lunchroom ladies at school to feed us.





To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-It just depends on what they needed. If it was like life threatening i would probably go pretty far. But if its just something stupid then not so much.






Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-I probably would not give them spare change.








Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-Because what if they wanted to hurt me or something? And most of the people that are on the side of the road are not even poor. Or there not lookin for a job. All they want is some money so they can get some drugs or something like that. Alot of them are just fake and horrible people.







Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? (Minimum 4 sentences)
-No, i dont think that it would make a difference. because people that are like that are still the same as an old man on the dise of the road all by himself. Theyll do anything for money. All they want is your money and theyll do anything to get it.











What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Well giving money to a stranger means that you want them to get what they need like something to eat. Everyone has to eat and so you thought about them and cared enough for them to give up some of your money. Thats what giving money to a stranger has to do with caring.





Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community?
(Minimum 4 sentences)
-Yes it is realistic. Not all teenagers think about just themselves. There are alot of caring teens that want to make a difference. No matter what it is all they want to do is help.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences) I don’t think it has anything to do with the word “cool”. Being a caring person is the right thing to do. I despise people who make excuses for doing the wrong thing. “I thought it was cool”, or “I fell to peer pressure” its ignorant. They are nothing but excuses to get away with something that you shouldn’t.


To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person? (Minimum 3 sentences) I would do a lot of things inconvenient for another person. We are meant to help others and love and appreciate others. To live in a coexistent world, it is something that should be, but never will.


Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? (Minimum 1 sentence) Yes, I would give him everything I had in my pocket.


Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)I may not seem like the type, but I really love helping others. It’s just sometimes, I get so tired of helping others that don’t deserve it. Many people are ungrateful to a certain extent. I can’t stand that. I am ready to give up hope on the human race.


Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? (Minimum 4 sentences) No, it wouldn’t matter to me. A human being is a human being, and that’s that. I don’t care if you’re Islamic, or Asian, I will help you if I can. That’s how I believe. I am sorry if others don’t think the way I do, that’s what’s right.



What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway? (Minimum 3 sentences) If someone comes up to you directly and says they need some money, I would do it. I would never get paid back, but that’s how I believe. “If you are thirsty, I shall give you water. If you are hungry, I shall give you food.” I think it goes something like that. If you want to ask me for help, I am there.


Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community? (Minimum 4 sentences) Yes. If people would listen to me, or someone like me who has the right idea we could change this world. People don’t like to listen to me though, and for others it might be the same. Others don’t want change, they fear it, and they hate it. I am scared of change, but if it was for the good, I would gladly embrace it.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not?
-I disagree to that saying. To care for someone it doesn’t matter if you have to be cool or not. Caring for someone doesn’t mean you have to get judged about caring for that person. Everyone should care for at least one person. Caring is an important thing in life.

To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person?
-If that person did me wrong I wouldn’t care for that person. Then again I should always care for anyone. Caring is something that is hard to keep in a person.

Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change?
-No I wouldn’t give money to a stranger.


Why or why not?
-You never know what that person will do with your money. Most of the people will go buy drugs or beer or something. Never trust a stranger trying to pick up money off of you. Most of the times the people will go buy cigarettes or something like that also. Never give money to a stranger you don’t know.


Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture?
-It would be different if that person did have a child. She might not have enough money to feed the baby or something. It wouldn’t be different if it was an old person or from a different culture. Anyone at any age would try to get money from someone for cigarettes or beer or something.



What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway?
-If you gave money to that stranger you would show you care. If you didn’t give money it will show that you care about keeping the money for your family’s expense. Either way it will show you cared about someone.

Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community?
-Yes, it is realistic for anyone to make an impact of their community. All you have to do is start caring and taking care of everything around you. People in our school make an impact on the community everyday. It doesn’t matter how old you are, it matters if you help and care or not.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: its UN cool to be a caring person. Why, or why not?
I agree with this statement. I do not like it when people are not nice. I do not like it when others are disrespectful either. It gets on my nerves when others are disrespectful to others. I like people that care for others.



To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person?
To any extent I guess. Just As long as I do not have to go against any of my beliefs. Other than that I would do anything.


Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change?
Yes I do think I would.


Why or why not?
I think that I am helping someone out. Maybe that person really needs it. I could have changed that’s person life. He might help another person out one day because of it. Hopefully it meant something to him.


Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture?
No it would not. I would not care who they where. I would just want to help them out. It just depends on what they needed.





What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway?
You are helping them in a time of need. You might be helping them get back on there feet again. You never know what a difference you can make on a person.


Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community?
Yes I do think it is possible. Anybody can change a community. Age has nothing to do with it. Just because your young doesn’t mean you are held back from anything.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not?
- I disagree with this statement. If you are not a caring person, then no one is going to like you. If nobody likes you, then are you considered cool? No, you are not. And if that is the overall goal, to be cool, then you are not achieving that by being an uncaring person.






To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person?
-It depends who that person is. If it were someone who I really care about, then it would be a far extent. But, I would try to put others before myself, no matter what the circumstance.






Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change?
If you mean a homeless person, I always want to give them extra money, but my mom never lets me.








Why or why not?
I always feel really sad for them. I have never not been able to eat, or take a shower when I want to. I can't even imagine how people live like that on the streets. So, to them every single cent counts. So, I always want to help them.








Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture?
Yes, I think it definetly would if it were a pregnant person. It would make me feel sorry for them even more. If they were very old, then it would because old people are not in good health usually. If they were from a different culture it would make a difference also.










What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway?
It has to do with caring for people. If you disregard just random people, then you are not being caring. You must treat everyone equally.





Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community?
Yes, its realistic to think that. But, the teenager would have to have a lot of drive to do so. And useally teens don't really want to change the community. They think they have other things to do.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-I fully disagree with this statement. I feel that being a caring person is very cool. Caring for others shows a lot of your character. A lot of people would think badly of you for not caring for others and they would probably come up with names to call you for not being a caring person. I don’t think being caring is un-cool because it shows people that you actually DO care about them and they have something or someone to look to that cares enough about them to listen.


To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Well, to be honest, it depends on the person. If I care enough about them and love them, I would do anything and everything to help them or be there for them even if I had to drop everything. So, in order for me to be “inconvenient to myself” I would have to care about you a lot.


Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? (Minimum 1 sentence)
-NO! I think that is a stupid thing to do. I may give them food or a drink, but I would never give a stranger money.


Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-Sometimes, I feel like if a stranger on the sidewalk, or anywhere really, asks for money, they probably are trying to get enough to buy drugs or alcohol. I would not give money to “support” their needs. I would MAYBE help them buy food or a drink but I would never ever ever give money. I would feel like if I gave money they would take advantage of it and go do the things that make them “feel good” such as drinking, smoking, and things like that, but if you bought them something, they couldn’t do that, they would just have food or a drink or whatever you bought for them. I feel better buying something then giving money.


Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? (Minimum 4 sentences)
-To me; no. I would do the same for them as I would for anyone else. I would ask them what they needed and how much of it and then I would make arrangements for it to happen. But again, I would never give money. To me, none of that makes a difference because they could do it just as well as the next guy.



What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway? (Minimum 3 sentences)
-Nothing. Giving money just means you feels sorry for them, or in some cases, just so they can leave you alone. I don’t see how money could mean anything in the form of caring. Caring is more than just money, so I think you would have to do a little more of something then just give someone money.


Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community? (Minimum 4 sentences)
-I believe that anyone can make a impact on their community despite their age. You could be 3 or 59 and still make a difference in someone or something. It really doesn’t matter what age you are; if you are determined to do something, it can happen. So, if you’re willing to actually make a difference, then yes, an average teenager can make that work.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)

I truly disagree. The reason why people think this is because they do not have a care about other people. It could be that people have no excitement in their lives. They don't accept cultural interference from other countries but their own. They never care about anything but their own business.

To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person? (Minimum 3 sentences)

I would convince the people about things that are more important than the things they want. They need some things more than what they want. They need some changes to their lives.

Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? (Minimum 1 sentence)

Yes, I would.

Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)

It would be the right thing to do. The truth is, people can be helped until they become a pest demanding things they don't want. Sometimes, it can be good to help at times. They can be good when they want to. They can be helped for many reasons.

Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? (Minimum 4 sentences)

a) I would help them if they were homeless. b) I would heal the person's bones. c) I would help them accept the culture of the United States. These three things are what I could do for the community.

What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway? (Minimum 3 sentences)

It can help them or hinder them. It can make or break a relationship. It can help or harm a family.

Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community? (Minimum 4 sentences)

I think it is for some reason. That reason is the people need other people to help them. Sometimes, people need help. They also need to be trusted.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences) I completely disagree. To be a uncaring person makes you look like a @!(%!!!!!!! The reason why Im friends with most of my friends is because they are so sweet. Losers don’t appeal to me. Don’t get confused. I’m friends with nerds and weirdo’s just not jerks.
To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person? (Minimum 3 sentences) I wouldn’t I think its weird. People should just be themselves. People will find out who you are someday.
Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? (Minimum 1 sentence) Maybe it depends on if they need it or not.
Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences) Maybe, it really depends on what there asking for. I wouldn’t give a rich man money when he has plenty. I don’t have enough for that. But if a poor man needs some money ill give them what I can. that’s what I think about it.
Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? (Minimum 4 sentences) No only if they needed it. I don’t care what age you are if you are in need you should be helped. But if you have money and your trying to be cheap I don’t think you should get anything. And that’s what I think about that.
What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway? (Minimum 3 sentences) I has to do with plenty of things. For one giving IS caring. Another is helping is caring.
Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community? (Minimum 4 sentences) Yes I believe one can. People do it every day. Just by picking up trash can help out in a way. Giving money is another. Helping out at all is caring.

Anonymous said...

Agree or disagree: It's uncool to be a caring person. Why, or why not? it is a good thing to do. people respect you for caring. I think that no matter what someone else thinks you should still help out others. I think the reason we were put on this earth is to help others. if people didn’t work together then nobody would get anything done.


To what extent would you inconvenience yourself for another person? I would give a lot. I will sacrifice things if I need to. one time one of my friends hadn’t had anything to eat for a while. I had just enough for me. I had already ate that day. I gave him my food.


Would you give money to a stranger on the sidewalk who asked for spare change? I would give him a little bit.


Why or why not? I wouldn’t give him too much. sometimes people do that and they aren’t really needy. they recently caught someone doing that. the guy would ask for money. everyday he would drive off on a new Honda Goldwing. the reason I wouldn’t do that is because you cant trust people. most of the time homeless people are that way because they chose it.


Would it make a difference if the person were a mother with child, b) very old, c) from a different culture? If it was a woman that was pregnant I would probably give her a ride to a shelter. It is not fair for the child to suffer. If it was a old person I would probably take them to a shelter too. if it was someone from a different culture I would give them a little money and let them be on their way.



What does giving money to a stranger have to do with caring anyway? If you care about someones wellbeing you would probably give some money. anyone that cares would try to help the unfortunate. it is human nature to care. most will gibe.


Is it realistic to think that an average teenager could make an impact on their community? anyone can make a difference. it doesn’t matter how popular you are. if you make a impact on someone you are not average. oneday you will make an impact on someone.