Friday, March 14, 2008

Courage Part 5 Due 03-14-08

Part 5 7. Consider the following behavioral definition of what courage means:

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone. (Minimum 4 sentences)

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure. (Minimum 4 sentences)

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. (Minimum 4 sentences)

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove. (Minimum 4 sentences)

Write 4 sentences on each of the points in this definition of courage concerning what does it mean to you and how does it apply to you.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone. (Minimum 4 sentences)
It means that if something is right then thats what you should stand up in. And even if its only you standing up in it. Then that is no reason not to stand up for it.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure. (Minimum 4 sentences)
It means not to cave into people trying to get yor to do stuff thats gonna be a negative thing on your life. Like doing drugs and stuff. You shouldnt cave into that kinda stuff. It could cost you your career. Or maybe even your life.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. (Minimum 4 sentences)
This means to try whatever you want to try and dont have that fear of failing. If you have the fear of failing then dont let that keep you from trying something. And if you got the fear of making a mistake dont let that stop you either because everyone makes mistekes. So just belive in yourself and go for your goal.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove. (Minimum 4 sentences)
Dont hide how you are just because somebody might disapprove. I think this means not to hide who you really are because other people might not approve. If anything it'll prolly make people like you more. SO dont ever be afraid of who you really are.

Anonymous said...

Part 5 7. Consider the following behavioral definition of what courage means:

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone. (Minimum 4 sentences)
I think that it takes alot of courage to do this. It is scary to stand alone. Also, you worry about the outcome. But if you know you are doing the right thing, then the outcome will be good.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure. (Minimum 4 sentences)
This always takes courage. But it also involves your friends. You worry that they won't think your as cool as they are if you don't smoke or whatever it is they want you to do. But, useally, it all turns out okay if you just do the right thing.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. (Minimum 4 sentences)
This takes courage in many different ways. If you are afraid to try something new, you'll never know if you like it or not. If you make a mistake, you will learn from it. Sometimes, you should just get up the guts and do it.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove. (Minimum 4 sentences)
If you never tell whats on your mind, you might even forget who you really are. If others don't know the true you, then your not even being true to yourself. If your strong in your religious faith, you should be like that anywhere. Expressing your true feelings can take courage, but its always better to do so.

Anonymous said...

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone.
You should stand up for what’s right at all times. I think you should especially stand up in school situations and let out your opinion. Even if you stand alone your voice should be heard in every situation.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure.
Definitely don’t do that . It always gets you into trouble. No matter what the situation is. Stand your ground and defend your thoughts.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing.
You should always try new things. That’s part of the thrill of life. If you don’t try anything different , you’ll be bored and boredom usually gets me into trouble. Talk to new people , try new activities, and it you want, new foods.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove.
I don’t like it when people judge you for being yourself. I hate that actually. You shouldn’t have to wear a fake personality because people don’t like that your different. You should feel comfortable in your on skin. No one should be able to take your security away from you. You should have the “courage” not to follow the trends , but to make up your own.

Anonymous said...

Part 5 7. Consider the following behavioral definition of what courage means:

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone. (Minimum 4 sentences)
I believe that no matter what you should always stand up for what is right. If you stand up, it means you know what is right from wrong even if no one else does. Standing up for what is right is a good thing, even if it means you are alone. It’s the best thing to do. If not only shows your character, but it also means your being true to yourself.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure. (Minimum 4 sentences)
I believe that caving into peer pressure is a bad thing. Especially if it’s negative. Negative peer pressure can get you into a lot of trouble, and get you involved in the wrong crowd. I don’t think people should give into this even if it is very hard to say no.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. (Minimum 4 sentences) I don’t think you should avoid these things. You need some failing in your life to get you ready for anything that could happen. You learn from mistakes and then fix them as they come. Don’t avoid every bad thing, just learn from it when it happens.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove. (Minimum 4 sentences)
Couldn’t say it better myself. God created you in the image of him. If others don’t like it, then they more than likely don’t appreciate God. Be yourself and not who others want you to be.

Write 3 sentences on each of the points in this definition of courage concerning what does it mean to you and how does it apply to you.

-I stand up for what I believe in 99.9% of the time. I try my very hardest to do what’s right and to stay that way. I live my life the way I should and the way God wants me to and not others.

Anonymous said...

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone.
- Standing up for what I think is right is a big problem in the teenage world these days. Teens think they have to live up to their friends’ standards so they try to be like their friends. I believe it is hard for teens to stand up for what they believe in because they are afraid of what would come of them doing that. I think that you should stand up for what you believe in no matter what.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure.
- Peer pressure is in a teen’s everyday life. It’s almost impossible to live through a day without it. You should just not even think about the negative peer pressure that comes your way. You should do what your conscience tells you to do and not be a follower of stupid things.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing.
-I think that if you have a goal, go for it. Don’t let your fear of making a mistake keep you from doing what you want. If you make a mistake, just go through it and keep on task. Don’t be fearful of something that is going to happen. You will always make a mistake no matter what.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove.
- Don’t ever let someone else’s opinions stop you. If you’re a guy and wearing girl pants makes you happy, do it. Don’t let people who make fun of you get the best of you. If you want to express yourself differently from others, go for it, don’t be afraid to do it.

Anonymous said...

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone.
- You need to do what’s right even if
no one else will. If you don’t you wont be true to your self. No one else will if someone doesn’t stand up first. Don’t follow the croud.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure.
Never listen to anyone you don’t trust. Never listen to someone if it could put you in danger. Think before you do something stupied. Listen to your heart.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. If you don’t think you can do it you never will. If you fail try again. Never think you cant do something. Follow your heart and try it.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove.
Be yourself not anyone else. if people tell you to do something else don’t listen. if you change yourself for other people your not you. Express yourself in your own special way.

Anonymous said...

Part 5 7. Consider the following behavioral definition of what courage means:

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone. (Minimum 4 sentences)
When you believe in something, actually believe in it, you follow what you believe to be right even if no one else thinks that way. I don’t consider what others think, if something is wrong, you better believe that I am going to stand up and tell you its wrong. Everyone has their own opinion about everything, so not all the time will you stand up for the right thing in their book. But, whatever your religion is, or even if you don’t have one, you can adhere to your own principles. But in doing that you also have to think about one another’s feelings.



- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure. (Minimum 4 sentences)
If other people that you care about, or hang out with are doing something wrong, you are a human, you have a choice. I do not believe in peer pressure, I believe in dumb choices. Just because you’re around someone you like well enough, doesn’t mean that when you make the wrong decision, you get to blame it on them. You blame yourself for it. No one tied you down and made you inhale pot. No one forced you to swallow pills that you took. It’s your fault.



- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. (Minimum 4 sentences)
I do fear situations in which I could become embarrassed about. I hate doing something wrong, or making a mistake. I am punished when I do something in the improper way, or its not ok with the person who is telling me how to do it. My parents are strict. So I do fear messing up, because you mess up one time, really bad and it could be your death.




- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove. (Minimum 4 sentences)
If someone doesn’t approve of who I am then they can bite me. I have no problem being myself in front of anyone. I think you should be who you are no matter what. I don’t like people who change the way they act to the different people they are around. I am me, no matter what any religion says, no matter what any human being says, no matter how people look at me, I will always be myself.





Write 3 sentences on each of the points in this definition of courage concerning what does it mean to you and how does it apply to you.

Anonymous said...

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone.
I stand up for what is right, although some people don’t believe me. Sometimes I feel like I am all alone when I do that but I know I am not really. When I feel that way I always look behind me and there is someone still there. So when you feel like your all alone you never really are.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure.
It mean don’t go and give in to doing stuff people ask you to do drugs. So when you get asked then be really smart and say no. Like if I was asked then I would say no because I know what it can do to you. Most people like six graders really are easy targets to be put in that situation.
- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing.
All though I may not have tried it doesn’t really help you it really can like put you down on the social latter. Most people have got although you may have big problem and they somewhat need help now a day. Most people are being put under this type of pressure.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove.

I don’t care about the way I express my self if they don’t like it they can get over it. Although most people are afraid to express there selves it is really funny.

Anonymous said...

1 why is it important to spread your investments over the 4 cateories of mutual Fundas? so we are going too put 15% of our income into Retirement plans
2. why should you wait to invest in retirement funds until AFTER your energeny fund is in place?
you can pull out your contributions
3 why should you always invest in your retirement funds BeFORE you invest in college fund? you will have saved over 700,000
4 list some ways you can avoid student loan debt if you do not have a college fund? save your money for 5 year
5 why should you take the match if a company give one before youstart a roth Ira? the roth ira has more cholces
1 wwes and sue have not saved for retirement and they are in theri mid- 40 they are out of debt with the exception fo their house and have two hildren ages 6 and 10 they want to start an wsa to help with college and they have the money fo fully fund each esa.l they have $500 in a savings account for energencies and fgeel they need to provide a higher education for their children. Ehat would you say to wes and sue? never save for college using life insurance these hacve a lousy rate of return.
2 Larry and joan are in theri early 60s and are looking forward to retirement. they have all of their retirement funds in BOnds and Cks earning 3-6% thery have no pension plan and their Social security payments will be about $1,000 in savings and are consdering using it to pay down the truck. what world youtell larry and joan.if the company amatches taket the amount up to the Match.l them doallyou can do in roth ira's

Anonymous said...

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone.

-You need to hav e the courage to stand up for what you believe in. Don't try to be someone your not to make people like you. Be who you are without impressing people. Having courage to do this takes a lot.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure.

-Have the courage to take up for yourself. You know what is right and what is not. If someone pressures you, stand up for yourself. Teens these days get negative peer pressure a lot.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing.

-Try anything to conquer your fears. It takes courage to conquer fears of something. If you don't try something when it comes your way, you will make the mistake of not doing it. The least thing that could happen is fail at it.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove.

-Be who you are instead of trying to be like other people. People will like you for yourself instead of being like other people. Have the courage to be who you are. Courage takes a lot in like.

Anonymous said...

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone. (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I think you should speak your voice and let others hear. Don’t be ashamed in what you believe in. I think you should stand up and lead the way for others. Don’t be afraid to be a leader.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure. (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I think that you have to stand your ground no matter the situation. Stand up for what you believe in. do not cave in just because your friends are tempting you. Show them your way and stand against them.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I think you should try everything that is good. I mean don’t be afraid just because you think that you can’t do something. You never know what you can do until you actually do it. Don’t let fear control your life!

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove. (Minimum 4 sentences)
- Do what you think is right. Don’t be afraid of others that will criticize you. If you’re doing it for the right reason then you should feel proud. Don’t let others pull you down and frustrate you.

Anonymous said...

Part 5 7. Consider the following behavioral definition of what courage means:

- Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone. (Minimum 4 sentences)

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure. (Minimum 4 sentences)

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. (Minimum 4 sentences)

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove. (Minimum 4 sentences)

Write 4 sentences on each of the points in this definition of courage concerning what does it mean to you and how does it apply to you.
It means not to cave into people trying to get you to do stuff that will be a negative thing on your life. Like drugs and stuff that you shouldn’t do. You should not cave into that kind of stuff. It could cost you your career. Or maybe even your life.

This takes courage in many different ways. If you are afraid to try something new, you'll never know if you like it or not. If you make a mistake, you will learn from it. Sometimes, you should just get up the guts and do it.

Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing.
You should always try new things. That’s part of the thrill of life. If you do not try anything new or different, you will be bored, and boredom usually gets me into trouble. Talk to new people. Try new activities, and it you want, new foods.

- Don’t ever let someone else’s opinions stop you. If you’re a guy and wearing girl pants makes you happy, do it. Don’t let people who make fun of you get the best of it. If you want to express yourself differently from others, go for it, don’t be afraid to do it.

Anonymous said...

Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone. (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I try to stand up for what up for what I believe in. But most of the time I back down when the going gets rough. I am kind of the person who stands up when other people stand up. I hope to become more like this one day.

- Don't cave in to negative peer pressure. (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I try not to cave into peer pressure. But most of the time I do cave in. I stand against people my own age. But I have trouble standing up to people older than me.

- Don't avoid trying something for fear of making a mistake or failing. (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I try to do stuff even if I might fail by myself when no one watching. I do not try new stuff in front of people though. Because I’m to afraid they might think I’m not cool. I will do stuff though with a group of people.

- Don't be afraid to express yourself just because some people might disapprove. (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I usually don’t express myself that much. Usually where weird clothing but when someone says something I usually don’t wear it again. I express myself in trying being funny. I hope to become more of a expressive person