Friday, March 28, 2008

Citizenship Part 5-Due 03-28-2008

What are some of the things in your community that need improving? (Minimum 5 sentences)

What could you do about it? (Minimum 5 sentences)

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen? (Minimum 5 sentences)

Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things in my community that need improvement are some minor things but the biggest thing is drugs.There is a place in Adger where lots of bad things happen and it make the whole community look bad. I think that our neighborhood watch committee and the cops are not pulling their weight to make sure drugs and violence stay out. The smaller things that need improvement in my community are the roads. The roads are really trashy so that makes Adger not appealing to the eye. There are problems like these in every community but they never get fix so I think my community needs a program to make sure all these things get addressed.

As a member of the community I could witness to the people that I know are doing and continue to pray for them. My family and I could get together and clean our part of road and incourage others to do the same. Possibly let the neighborhood watch and cops know exactly who its that is that hear everyday at school about the people in my community that do drugs. Also, I could attend a community meeting and let them know how out-of-hand I think things are getting. Maybe have enough people involved and some how get a group formed to clean up Adger.

A citizen is a resident of a city or town, especially one entitled to vote and enjoy other privileges there. I read that as a person that should have some kind of heart and if financially able a citizen,in my eyes, should help the needy. A "good" citizen makes that name for themselves if they would not help a citizen then they are just a plan "citizen."
A good citizen should actually consider it a priviledge to help someone needy. Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot they would consider it the same.

Why? Well put yourself and your family in the needy situation. Even though this citizen does not even know you or your families struggles;would'nt it feel good to know they have faith in you. Faith enough to help you out in any way they can and get you back on your feet. Yes if anyone feels the need to be labled a "good citizen" or how feels they are in their heart, it is important to help the needy; so I agree!

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-Some things in my community that need improving are like our grass. Some peoples grass is dead looking and needs to be cut. Another thing is the houses themself. Some of them need some updating for real. Like roof work and painting jobs.

What could you do about it? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-I could do alot of stuff about it. Like i could help out my neighbors out with their grass and cut it for them. I could help them out with their flowers and gardens and stuff to make it look pretty. Especially if there not at home i could help them with some things. And i could get some of my other neighbors together and we could help paint or fix someones house that neede fixing.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-Yes i do agree that helping needy people is an important role of being a good citizen. Helping the needy will shows others that you really care for the people around you. And it will show others what kind of heart you have and what kind of person you are. Being a good citizen calls for you to take care of your whole community and that includes people to. So yes i do agree that helping the needy is a part of being a good citizen.

Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-Because being a good citizen is very important. Not only just for you but for everyone else too. If you are a good citizen then everyone else around you will see that and maybe just maybe they wull decide to be a like you. It could change someones life. And just that should make you feel good about yourself as a person.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving?
-There is a lot of things that need improving in our community. There is a really bad litter problem. It would be good if we could help clean up the trash on the road. Another good thing is to support our school system. You can never go wrong with improving your community.

What could you do about it?
-I could start helping out more often. I could get a group together and pick up trash. I could be more active in my church than I already am. I could help cut grass for elderly people. Everyone needs to start helping in the community.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen?
-I think it is more important. Needy people need help and we could help them. If it was someone who just does drugs and is trying to pick up money off the street, then I don't think so. But some people do need a lot of help. So I do think helping needy people is important than being a good citizen because if you are helping the needy, your being a good citizen.

Why or why not?
-Being a good citizen is helping others out. If you help the needy you are being a good citizen. More people need to start stepping up their game and help out, including myself. Some people need help in the world, and we could give them atleast a little bit of our time. Being a good citizen is important but so is helping the needy.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving?
People's attitudes definetly need improving. At least they do in our school. People always have something negative to say. Other things are people need to quit littering. It makes the roads look rundown.

What could you do about it?
To change people's attitudes, you could be nice to them and they will be to you. Follow the golden rule. Treat others as you would like them tp treat you. And, to get them to stop littering, you could tell someone not to. Or we could inforce the laws more.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen?
Yes, I do agree with this. I think that people who are not as fourtunate as us are very sad. They need as much help as they can get. If you are able to help someone, then you should. If you don't, that shows bad character.

Why or why not?
I pretty much explained it in the previuos paragraph. I think if you can help someone, you should. If you see someone who has nothing, then help them. Even though they might not be asking for your help.They may be embarassed to ask someone who has more than they do for their help.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-One major thing in my community is the roads. The roads around my house are terrible. Another thing is all of the trash. There is a bunch of trash just on the side of the road. And another thing is a plant going toward Alabama Adventure, it stinks really bad.

What could you do about it? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-I could get a petition for the county to get the road. Or to get them to atleast fix the pot holes. Another thing i could do is pick up the trash. Even though im not the person that throws trash on the side of teh road i could walk up and down and pick up trash. And there aint no way to fix the smell of that plant without shutting it down.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen? (Minimum 5 sentences)
-Of course. Helping people is always a good way to show your a good citizen. Like help an old person across the road. Or just simply pump there gas for them at the gas station. Or if somebodys moveing help them. It dont take much to be a good citizen.

Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)
Because if you expect people to be good citizen and help you then you should do that for them. And you dont want people to look at you bad in your neighborhood do you? I know i dont! So just pick up that trash. It aitn hard to become a good citizen.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving?
There are many things I could think of off the top of my head. I live in a camp . People are very friendly but some aren’t very neighborly. We need to clean our boat launch . The trash needs cleaned out of the river. We could all work together to clean it.

What could you do about it?
I could set up a camp clean up . I could hand out flyers . It would clean my community and bring all the neighbors closer together.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen?
I absolutely think that has a major deal with being a good citizen. We all play a role in our communities but we all share responsibilities outside of where we live also. Helping the needy is a total benefit of being a good citizen.

Why or why not?
Because doing what your supposed to do makes you a good citizen. And also doing what you think is right makes you a good citizen.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving? I think People littering on the side of the road should be stopped. People gossiping all the time should stop as well. I think we should all come together as one. Everyone should be a lot nicer to each other. Also people need to get over things that happened in the past.

What could you do about it? I could maybe tell others to be nicer. I could clean up the sides of the road. I could apologize to someone if I hurt there feelings. I could also get everyone to come over and settle our differences. Or I could get someone else to do it all.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen? Yes, I do think it is important. It makes people feel better. It makes people feel like they have someone to help them. It makes other think that they have someone to fall back on. Helping people has good citizen all over it.

Why or why not? Yes, I do think it is important. It makes people feel better. It makes people feel like they have someone to help them. It makes other think that they have someone to fall back on. Helping people has good citizen all over it.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving?
Some things that need improving in my community are littering. People just randomly feel that the roads are garbage bags. Some other things that need improving are the speed limits. I thank that they post them as too slow, and they need to change that. Another thing is about the signs. Most of these roads have a lot of kids playing, and they need a sign “children at play” because that can be really dangerous.

What could you do about it?
I would write a letter to the government. They might help; but might not. If they wouldn’t, then id find something, some how to change it. And if that didn’t work, I would take pictures of the problems and send it in some website to help. Now if all that doesn’t work, Im out of luck.


Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen?
Yes, I do thank that will be part of being a good citizen. But if you don’t then that doesn’t mean your not a good citizen. Helping needy people is a good thing anyhow. But I wouldn’t do it just to get recognized. I also think someone should help another once in a while.


Why or why not?

I would help them and because it feels good helping a needy person. And if your out one day and you get bored, why not help?. Helping a person would atleast make you feel like you’re a good person too. I believe helping needy people is indeed an important part of being a good citizen. So why not go out of your way to help a person.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving?
Getting to know each other and helping each other with our problems. I know we need each others support to survive. We are neighbors and friends and we are supposed to help each other. We also need improving on our children and watching out for them for strangers that come by and just snatch up little children. I also think we need to watch our pets because someone has been killing our animals and they will pay for it but we need to watch each others pets.

What could you do about it?
I could go to my neighbors and tell them if they ever needed anything that I could help them. I could watch out for my neighbors and their belongings. I could invite them to my house and treat them very good. They would help me with things I needed and I could do the same. My neighbors and people in my community are very helpful to me so I need to be helpful back.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen?
I guess it could sometimes but I need to watch out for the homeless or needy person. I would if I knew who they were. I could give them money everyday to get them some nice clothes so they could get a nice job. I think most people do need help that is why they get so violent. I would help out someone to be a nice person.

Why or why not?
I said I would because most do need help. I like most homeless people and they need support just like the rest of us. I would like a needy person to show the same respect I show to them. I would like to see a needy person to succeed big in life. Needy people need us just like we need them so help out in any way that you can.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving? (Minimum 5 sentences)
I think that the money is a big problem in our community. Some people that have a lot of money decide to spend it unwisely. We all need to improve on spending our money wisely. Every one needs to improve on spending money on things we don’t need.

What could you do about it? (Minimum 5 sentences)
You could start by deciding on the things you don’t need and quit buying them. You could also stop eating out all the time. Instead of eating out, you could get food from the grocery store and fix it. Put money into a savings account. Also, keeping it in there instead of taking it out when you want something.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen? (Minimum 5 sentences)
I disagree with this. Every one is capable of getting a job no matter what age or where your from. Everyone can get a job. Why should I put forth the effort to do something for someone when they are capable of doing it themselves. So, I disagree with helping needy people. It would be a different story if they needed clothes or something, then I could give them hand-me-downs. But, I would never give “needy” people money when they can earn it just as easily as receiving it.
Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)
I feel like if we just give someone MONEY that they can buy drugs or alcohol with it. So If I was to help out someone, I would not give them money. That would be the last thing I would do. I would help them get groceries or something, but I would not give anyone money. Someone that needs money should be determined enough to get a job, and not ask people for money.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving?
There are currently more than a few things that need to be fixed. In Jefferson County, it’s always something. Our biggest problem as of now is that our county will be filing for bankruptcy. This is an extremely hard blow forced upon those who do not have enough money to support themselves. If we don’t resolve this now, our county will be forced to disband.

What could you do about it?
Because I am not 18, there is little I can do to help. It’s the total fault of elections and council who has put the one who has made this mess up. Once I am able to attempt to change, I’ll be out of Alabama. I do not consider this my mess to fix. People need to learn what is best for them, not who they are buddies with when it comes to elections of high officials.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen?
No, I refuse to give to “needy” people. Yes, I give my old clothes to the Hannah Home. But, I will not give money to someone who has the ability to attain money by means of hard work. Where people get the idea that others will give them support when they have done nothing, is beyond me. If you do not put forth the effort, don’t expect a show of mercy from me.

Why or why not?
If we give freely to everyone, no one will pull their weight. People will expect others to do their work and nothing will get done. Yeah, I know that doing work is kind of boring, but you are no different than anyone else. Everyone has the responsibility to care for themselves. I find no reason why someone is incapable of work.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving?
I think that the man that owns the land in my community needs to clean up the sides of the roads. The grass beside my road is getting to be pretty tall and it needs to be cut. He only sends out someone to mow the grass down like every six months. I think that he needs to take responsibility and hire someone to mow the grass about every other month or so. I understand that the man is getting old but he could hire someone to do it for him.

What could you do about it?
I could call the man that owns the land and ask him if I could mow the grass for him. If I could convince him to pay me the amount of money I think I deserve to mow the lawn, I would do it for him. Unless he would pay me the money I wanted to do for the job, I wouldn’t do it. For one, I couldn’t afford the gas for the lawnmower and two, I would feel as if I was being used.

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen?
I think that it would be very nice to give to the needy. I would help them out by giving them food or clothes or something of that sort. I would never give a needy person money, because everyone is capable of getting off their butt and getting a job. Just because they are too lazy to go out and get a job doesn’t mean I should give them my money that I earned by myself to them. I don’t want to be mean but if you want money, you should go out and work for it yourself.

Why or why not?
I think that most needy people are probably someone that has been given everything to them all their life. Now their source has just stopped giving and they don’t know what to do. Now they think if they sit on the side of the road with a sign saying, “I have a family and need food,” that someone will give them money. I think eventually they would learn that no one is going to give them money; they will go get a job like a normal person. That is one of the biggest problems in the world these days and we all need to do something about it.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving? (Minimum 5 sentences)
Our community is very bad. There is graffiti, and break ins, and things like that. We used to have a closely knitted community and now its really bad. Everything is a little weird and it definitely needs improvement. I don’t believe it will ever happen though.
What could you do about it? (Minimum 5 sentences)
I don’t think I could do anything. There are boys in our neighborhood who smoke weed and stuff like that. Then, they go off and graffiti and break into places, and things like that. Used to they didn’t bother anyone but now its getting out of control. I really don’t like this neighborhood.
Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen? (Minimum 5 sentences)
Yeah, but like I can’t do anything to help these people out. They can only help themselves. They wont help themselves because they simply don’t want to. So my neighborhood has to suffer for something that someone else does. There’s nothing to be done, except maybe move.
Why or why not? (Minimum 5 sentences)
They do not want to change so I guess we’ll just have to deal. I don’t really know how else to deal with it. My parents are getting fed up. The worst thing is that they ride four wheelers around at like 2 in the morning. My parents are old so they don’t appreciate the noise.

Anonymous said...

What are some of the things in your community that need improving? Many things need improving. One thing is dog wondering dogs. They are running around attacking people. I really don’t think killing them will help. But that’s not what all the old people think.
(Minimum 5 sentences)

What could you do about it? There are many things I could do. One would be to call the pound. But if I call the pound my dogs get in trouble cuz I don’t keep them on leashes. Another could be to shoot them. but im not that mean. I’ve asked politely but they don’t listen.
(Minimum 5 sentences)

Do you agree that helping needy people is an important part of being a good citizen? Yes, very much so. I think everyone should help every body. It makes me feel like a good person. and I should everyone else.
(Minimum 5 sentences)

Why or why not? Because helping others is a major part of being a good citizen also. We all have roles we take part in. In our communities but we have to take responsibility in the ones outside your community also. We should all take responsibly. Everyone should do there best.
(Minimum 5 sentences)