Friday, March 7, 2008

Integrity-Part 5 Due 03-07-08

(Post your response to the statement and question below per the directions below.

1. Identify someone in public life who you think has demonstrated a lack of integrity. ( Complete sentence)


2. Write a letter to this person saying what you think of his/her behavior and what he/she should do to shape up.(5 paragraphs/Minimum 5 sentences per paragraph)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Identify someone in public life who you think has demonstrated a lack of integrity. ( Complete sentence)
i dont think my Nana has been showing very good integrity.

2. Write a letter to this person saying what you think of his/her behavior and what he/she should do to shape up.(5 paragraphs/Minimum 5 sentences per paragraph)

Beverly McCullar
44 Cagle Drive
Nauvoo, Al 35578



Tyler Thomas
4460 Adkins Rd.
Adger, Al 35130
March 7, 2008


Dear Nana,
How have you been lateley? Good i hope. How has papa been? good i hope. Tell everyone i said hey.

We have recently started talking about integrity earlier this week. It just made me start thinking aabout you.

I just dont feel like yopu have been showing very good integrity latley. Especially when your in public. And thats one of the important times to show integrity.

For example:
whenever your in public and find a wallet or something that dont belong to you, dont just take the money and throw it down. Do the right thing and take it to the store owner. Or leave it the way it was, and place an add about a found wallet in the news paper or something.

Just remeber peoples gonna remeber how you avt when your gone and you dont want anyone to think of you as a liar or theft do you? so just watch the way you act.

Sincerely



Tyler Thomas

Anonymous said...

1. Identify someone in public life who you think has demonstrated a lack of integrity.

-I think my grandfather has a lack of integrity.


2. Write a letter to this person saying what you think of his/her behavior and what he/she should do to shape up.

-
Katie Corley
830 Toadvine Rd.
Bessemer AL, 35023



Howard Hannah
2001 Shady Ln
Bessemer, AL 35023


Dear Paw-Paw

Hey, how have you been lately? I've been going very well. How's nanny? I hope yall are both doing good. It has been a while since I've seen yall both. I miss yall!


I've been thinking about you a lot lately. We've started talking about integrity this week in one of my classes. Integrity is very important in life. It is mostly very important to me. Integrity is like being honest with someone.

I don't think you have much integrity. You need to start being honest with your family. Being honest to your wife is very important also. I would love it if you were honest to me too. It's very important in my life.

I don't like hearing some stories about lies you've said before. I especially don't like the drama in our family. If everyone has integrity, none of the drama would happen. I want you to show Nanny this also. I know I'm just 14 years old, but please try to take my advice.

Integrity is about being honest. Being honest could change your life Paw-Paw. I love you so much and want our family to be close again. Maybe if all of us were honest, we could be. Let Nanny know that I wrote to you. Hopefully I'll see you soon, I love you.

Anonymous said...

Tara Waldrop
2121 Little Cove Way
Quinton Al.35130



Quaid Stephenson
2123 Little Cove Way
Quinton Al. 35130



The person that I think has barely any integrity what-so-ever, is my cousin; his name is Quaid.

Dear Quaid,

All of your life has been a very sad one. I suppose the reason you lie so much, is because that is all that you have been taught. You refuse to see the fact that when you lie, it not only hurts you, but everyone that has to hear it. You are selfish, and you don’teem to care about any one but yourself. You have always been this way, and if you weren’t my cousin, I would definitely not be your friend.

I guess that it was the fault of how you were raised. I know you hated your mother, and I know that you always thought everyone hated you, but it’s no reason to act the way you do. You are your own person. You are who you make yourself, and you have made yourself into a monster. You have a girlfriend but, you treat her like crap and it makes you look like the bad guy. Your always insulting someone, I think you do it just to mess with people.

I have never approved of your behavior, but I have to deal with you because you are family. We share a lot of things, like our family, and some of our lives. But look how I turned out...Why are you so different? There is nothing wrong with me, I mean I’m no goody-two-shoes, but I am a person. You are racist, something that I can’t stand. I have tried to talk to you about it, and you can’t open your narrow mind long enough to see the truth. You judge other people by what you hear, and not by what you know. You like to ruin some girl’s reputations. You really are a horrible person.

I don’t think you’ll ever get better, I honestly don’t know what could help you. I don’t think that anything can change the way you are. You are ruthless, and you don’t care about other people. Unless some one is as cruel as you are, you don’t care to be anywhere near them. I guess you choose to be around my family because you have to.

Maybe if you lose some one close to you, or if you are in jail or something you may change. But I think its too late for you. I know I have never spoken to you about this, but I can not stand the way you treat other human beings. I think you should not be allowed to speak because of some of the harsh and horrible things you have done. But, anyway I guess that’s all, I needed to rant a little.

Sincerely



Tara

Anonymous said...

2430 Percy vines Rd.
Quinton, AL 35130
March 7, 2008



Ms. Brittany Spears
165 Caldwell Rd
Beverly Hills, CAL 90210

Dear Brittany Spears

Hey what’s going on Brittany? I do not know you and I know you do not know me but I am hear to help you. I don’t watch TV al that much but when I do your name is usually said more than once. I know I am not perfect but I give some pretty good advice. When I hear your name it is usually saying something about you doing something bad or having a hard time. So I hope I can help you out a little bit.

This week in one of my classes at school we have been talking about integrity. I started thinking about the people that have it and don’t have it. Some people used to not have integrity and have cleaned their selves up some and then there are those people that used to have integrity and have lost it later in life. No offense but I think your one of the people that used to have integrity but fell apart when hard times came into their life. There is still a chance for you but you have got to start now.

I think you need to think about your image a lot more. Not to be mean but the way you dress some times isn’t very modest. You have got to think about the people that look up to you and think that they would like to be like you one day. It seems like you have just fallen straight off of a cliff. I think you can make it out but it will take a lot.

Dressing isn’t the only thing you have got to start respecting yourself again. You have got to be honest and straightforward. Maybe if would started being more honest then all this drama would disappear. You always say that you are tired of the pressure but you are just pulling in more. The things you do not help you it just makes it worst.

I know I do not know all the things you do. I do realize that everything the tabloids say aren’t always true but some stuff has to be. So if you want people to stop saying things about you have a little integrity and be more honest. It will make you look a lot better and feel a lot better. Well I hope this helps you a little and I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Sincerely



Jacob Odom

Anonymous said...

1. Identify someone in public life who you think has demonstrated a lack of integrity.
(current)
President - George W. Bush



2. Write a letter to this person saying what you think of his/her behavior and what he/she should do to shape up


Well, where should I start? There are many things that I have been disappointed with you. In the beginning I supported you fully, but every time that we had needed you, you have never stepped up to the plate. Are you afraid of taking responsibility of your actions? Or are there things you are just not willing to admit that you have no idea what to do?
As 9/11 came into my life, I noticed that there was a very strong need for a leader to get us out. So many people we afraid that at anytime – everything could go wrong. You told us that things would be okay and we could and would get back at the people who showed no mercy to innocent people. I was totally pumped for America to show the world that we could get out of this and that we should be feared. This was the long term disappointment that has stretched for too long.
While were still in the hot zone of the war, it wasn’t a quick fix. This has drawn out for SEVEN YEARS! That’s insane! Do you just want this to be a real world drama? So many people have lost their loved ones because you refuse to take a stand and knock some other countries off of their high horses.
I understand your ‘treaties’ and wanting to unite everyone. But, the fact is – it’s never going to happen. We are too different in cultures and government to even understand how the Iraqi people live. We need to help them get started and then – GET OUT! There is no reason to baby them, they need to learn to change their ways and move on by themselves.
So, as you can see, I am extremely unhappy with how you have handled things in your years as President. Every time something is promised, it either comes too late or not at all. Is it too much to ask for you to just stop? It’s not like you’ve been actually making any progress. I admit that I was wrong to believe you may be different than any politician.



Thanks for the recession and amazing gas prices,

Gabby.

Anonymous said...

1. Identify someone in public life who you think has demonstrated a lack of integrity. Tripp Isenhour killed a hawk that was annoying him while he was trying to shoot a video.

2. Write a letter to this person saying what you think of his/her behavior and what he/she should do to shape up.



153 Riverview Dr.
Bessemer Al. 35023
March 7, 2008



Mr. Tripp Isenhour
185 Quinney Ave.
Salisbury, NY 28144

Dear Mr. Isenhour

I think what you did was a hilarious and somewhat outrageous. I do think that the price you had to pay for this act was also outrageous. I don’t think you should have to spend 14 months in jail or pay 1500 dollars. Maybe a couple hundred or a couple days in jail, but defiantly not what they gave you. I think that the bird was ignorant and dumb for not flying away the first time that you tried to hit it.

I don’t think it was worth killing it though. You should have left the bird alone and maybe he might have flown away. I would have done everything but hit golf balls at it. I would have tried to think of the smart thing, not to hit golf balls at it but just throw rocks or something. I do think it is hilarious, and the funniest thing I have probably ever heard of in my life.

I don’t think I would have even punished you for that because that was a dumb bird and he probably deserved it. The humane society is a bunch of idiots they shouldn’t have asked the PGA tour to take action. It was a very smart thing to apologize and tell it wasn’t deliberate. You drove closer to the bird in your golf cart and starting hitting balls at it. The bird didn't move and you gave up and drove away.

That is where you should have just stopped. I mean yes It didn’t stop making noises but you shouldn’t have tried again to hit the bird. You also did this though, You started again when the hawk moved within about 75 yards, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officer Brian Baine indicated this in a report.Then you allegedly said, "I'll get him now," and you aimed for the hawk again. "About the sixth ball came very near the bird's head, and you were very excited that it was so close," he wrote.

A few shots later, witnesses said you hit the hawk. The bird, protected as a migratory species, fell to the ground bleeding from both nostrils. Now you tell me that is very nice citizenship, I don’t think so. I think that is horrible and again I will tell you that you should have given up the first time. You wanted to keep trying to hit the bird therefore you pay the consequences.