Thursday, March 13, 2008

Courage Part 4-Due 03-13-08

(Post the questions and the answers to the questions in a complete sentence.)

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)

In what way did that take courage? (Minimum 4 sentences)

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
One time my friends wanted to go and drink one night. I disagreed and they citied me for it. I dealt with it and held strong through it. Later they came and apologized to me.

In what way did that take courage? (Minimum 4 sentences)
I had to go against my friends. I had to stand up for what I thought was right. It took courage to do it because everyone else was just following along with it. It was hard but I felt that I made a good decision.

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
I think I have in many ways. Maybe standing up for someone that was getting picked on. Or standing up for what I believed was right in the situation I was facing. It takes courage to lead other in the right path and I try my best to do that.

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life? I had to give up a BEST friend in the 8th grade because they started turning my life into something I knew it shouldn’t have been. It was a sad thing. I knew that is was for the best, but we were together 24-7 and nothing could separate us. I cried and cried for days. But I was always getting into trouble, lying to my parents, and all kinds of stuff like that, and finally it just came down to it. Now, I look by and realize it was for the best for real, because she is worse now and I’m glad I got out when I did.

In what way did that take courage? It took a lot of courage for me. It took courage because I had to stand up for what I knew was right. I knew what was right from wrong and it take a lot of courage to say I can’t do something, and to lose my best friend in the process.

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life? I stood up for myself. I took a stand for the right things in my life. It took a lot of courage to get back on track, but with the help from God, I did it. It took a lot of courage to get the help from God, but I did it. Thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life?
- Once in sixth grade I had a couple of friends that began to turn bad. One day they got me into trouble because of something stupid that they were doing, I just happen to be beside them when they did it. I began to stop hanging out with them and eventually barely even spoke to them. After the sixth grade I moved to Oak Grove and then I didn’t have to worry about those friends having a negative effect on me.

In what way did that take courage?
- It takes a lot of courage to stop talking to your friends. First you have to let them know that they are having a negative effect on your life. It takes a lot of courage to stand up to your friends and tell them they are wrong. To tell your friend that you don’t want to be friends with them anymore takes a lot of courage because no one wants to hurt their friends.

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life?
- I have demonstrated courage a couple of times in my life so far. For one, I have stood up to my friends and told them I couldn’t be friends with them anymore. I have never backed down from a fight if it had a good reason to be. I have also stood up to my parents about something that I knew was right and I fought with them about the situation for about 2 days.

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life?
-At a time in my life I just gave up on friends. All my friends started to change the way they acted for other type of people. I went the whole end of the school year last year until the beginning of summer when one of the girls I use to hate invited me to her swimming party. After that day, we’ve been best friends since.


In what way did that take courage?
-I had to give up on all the friends I had. I had no one to talk to at the time besides my mom. It is really hard for me to keep things to myself, so that took a lot of courage. At that time, to myself, I though I was strong with what I had to go through with loosing all my friends.

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life?
-I’ve demonstrated courage in many ways. I’ve had the courage to catch many girls during cheerleading when I’ve had to build them. I’ve also had to go through a time with no friends in my life. There’s many way I’ve demonstrated courage in my life.

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life?

Well, honestly speaking I’ve never had to give up friends because of negative tendencies. My friends do not affect what type of person I am or that I become. I refuse to let anyone hold that much influence in my life. Why would I even surround myself with the wrong people in the first place? That just seems like you wanted trouble.

In what way did that take courage?

Again, it’s never happened to me. Useless drama occurs from choosing the wrong people to befriend. The best choice I had ever unconsciously made was to just take everyone as they were. If they are not the “best influence”, don’t worry. It’s not like I’ll try to impersonate their streak of stupidity.

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life?

Well, I don’t see myself as a courageous person. I’m just an obnoxiously stubborn kid. If there is something I don’t see as “right”, I’ll let you know. I have a weird sense of justice so it boils down to that. Usually, I don’t take anything personal so if I’m ridiculed for something I stand up for, it’s cool. Courage sounds like self praise to me.

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
When I was in 8th grade, it seemed like that was the year teenage drama first began. All my friends had tried drinking and smoking. I did not try it becuase of my values. It was good to know I did the right thing.
In what way did that take courage? (Minimum 4 sentences)
It took courage in a lot of ways. I had the fear of losing my good friends. Also as them not thinking I was cool. But it all turned out okay in the end.

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
I've demonstrated courage in a lot of ways. Once, I stood up for what I knew was right when I was being pressured. I've done that many times. I think that shows courage.

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)

One of my best friends started doing drugs. I had to quit being freinds with them because they wouldnt leave me alone about going and getting high with them. And going to parties and getting drunk with them and stuff.

In what way did that take courage? (Minimum 4 sentences

It took alot of courage. It was my best friend and we had been friends since we was in day care together. But the drinking and drugs started taking his life over. It was hard but i just had to tell him to never talk to me again.

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)

By not giving into peer pressure. And also by always sticking up for what i belive in. And that dont just build your courage. If you do it in publick and someone else see's it, it might also build there courage to stand up for what they belive in.

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
I had to give up a friend, because they she was not who I thought she was. My family tried to convince me she wasn’t who I believed her to be, but I didn’t listen. I ended up tearing my family apart, and she ended up gone. I learned to be stronger and choose my friends wisely.




In what way did that take courage? (Minimum 4 sentences)
It took courage to admit that I was wrong the entire time. Now, I can finally see that, but at the time, I thought my whole family was against me. Which, in a way, they were, all of them except my brother. But, they were against me for something other than the reason they wanted to get rid of my friend. They just didn’t want me to get hurt.





In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
When my parents get sick, they get sick badly. I have courage in a way that most would hope to have. I have coping skills. Whenever there is someone to comfort I put away my own pain, and I try to fix theirs. I am also courageous in the way that I am loyal to my friends no matter what.

Anonymous said...

Post the questions and the answers to the questions in a complete sentence.)
Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
I have never had to give up any friends. My friends mean the world to me and I will never give them up. If I had to, it would be because we were totally different and I didn’t like the way they would act. I will never though because me and my friends are so much alike and I love all them.
In what way did that take courage? (Minimum 4 sentences)
Well I never have so it didn’t take any courage. If I had of though it would take a lot of courage because they would be good friends and it is hard to give up friend ships. Sometimes in life you have to give up things that you don’t want to. I would do it because God didn’t want me to have those friends and I will find much better ones.
In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
I have had to climb under some houses to get animals. I have had to overcome my fear by actually doing the thing that I didn’t want to do. I have had to confess my love for God which was scary at first but it didn’t matter afterwards. I have also had to stand up to friends because of things they were doing that I didn’t want to do.

Anonymous said...

Write about a time when you had to give up friends because they became a negative force in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
- One time I decided to stay inside and sleep instead of drinking with my friends. They kept wanting me to come but it did not. They later said that is was not worth it. I was glad I did not go out there.

In what way did that take courage? (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I had to stand up against my friends. They kept asking me but I did not back down. I never regret not going out there. I took the stand which took courage and did not back down.

In what ways have you demonstrated courage in your life? (Minimum 4 sentences)
- I have stood up to what I thought was wrong. I have never smoked although I have been offered the chance. I have refused alcohol plenty of times. Also I have never been led into doing any type of drug.