Monday, March 10, 2008

Courage-Part 1 Due 03-10-2008

(Post the questions and your answers to each question in a complete sentence.)

1.Thomas Jefferson said that one person with courage is a majority. What does that mean to you? (Minimum 10 sentences)

2.What is courage? (Minimum 5 sentences)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.Thomas Jefferson said that one person with courage is a majority. What does that mean to you?

- Courage is very important in life. Courage is a meaning for facing your fears. I think the meaning of Tomas Jefferson’s saying is that courage is contagious. When you see someone that has courage, it makes you want to have as much courage as them. I believe I do have courage in my life. When someone has courage, mainly most everyone else will have courage also. It spreads like a sickness does. People who have courage are strong people. The people are not just strong physically but also emotionally. I am strong emotionally. I believe this is the meaning for his saying.



2.What is courage?

-Courage is standing up for yourself. It's like having faith in yourself in everything you do. It is means being strong in what you do. Having courage is very important. I think everyone should have courage.

Anonymous said...

1.Thomas Jefferson said that one person with courage is a majority. What does that mean to you? (Minimum 10 sentences)

I think that is a very good statement. I think what it means is that if you have courage, you will stand out. And if you are courageous then others will follow you. If you have courage, then you are a majority. You don't need any others to make you one. Courageous people stand alone. Their courage makes them more than just the average person. Some people are have more courage than others. They are more brave, or outgoing. Some are timid and shy, not wanting to try new things. But if you are not like that, you will be a majority.

2.What is courage? (Minimum 5 sentences)

To me, courage is a very good trait to have. It's when your not afraid to do something. For example, sometimes you have to have courage to stand up for what you believe in. Or, if you want to try something new, that takes courage. There are alot of normal, everyday life tasks that take courage to complete.

Anonymous said...

1.Thomas Jefferson said that one person with courage is a majority. What does that mean to you?
I think what he means that one who has courage can stand for all the rest of the people lacking this trait. For if one person stands up for he believes many more might follow and stand up too. For they might have believed in the same but where afraid to stand up for it. But by you standing up provides them the courage to stand up to and then others will follow. Also I think he means that you can make a difference in a matter by yourself by having courage. You can stand up in any matter if you have courage. Also you can make a difference in that matter with the courage you have. For if you believe in what say and you have courage and state this, others will soon believe just as well. Such as a lawyer in which all the courtroom believes that his client is guilty. But by having courage to stand against the whole courtroom and prove his clients innocence, he was able to be a majority and make a difference in that matter.

2.What is courage?
Courage is the strength to stand up for what you believe no matter what the cost. Also courage is the strength to go against someone who is trying to disprove what you believe in. Such as if some big kid is picking on a smaller kid and nobody says anything. And then I stand up to the kid and tell him to stop. I am expressing courage through this act.

Anonymous said...

1. Thomas Jefferson said that one person with courage is a majority. What does that mean to you?
- I think that one person with courage is a majority means a few different things. I think it could mean that one person that has courage can make a difference. If someone has courage and they believe in it then they will fight to get it out there. Also, if someone has an idea that they want people to hear if they have the courage they will say it. Someone who doesn’t have courage can not be a majority. If you are scared to say what you want to say then you will never make a difference in what people think. Our world would not be what it is today if no one had courage. If no one had courage then we wouldn’t have any thing that we use today. When we are faced by a problem, people who have courage can overcome the problem with ease most of the time. People with no courage can not overcome the problem as easily as a person with courage.
2. What is courage?
- Something that enables someone to do something without fear. Being brave is another form of courage. It is the quality of mind that enables a person to face something difficult or dangerous. Having courage is very important. You need courage in everyday life.

Anonymous said...

1.Thomas Jefferson said that one person with courage is a majority. What does that mean to you?
To me it means that you must have courage to be able to do what you dream. Courage is a major part of your every day life. It helps most people get through the day. Some it helps them face the world. Without courage I believe some of us would be lost.

2.What is courage?
I think that courage is something that comes from deep inside to do daring things. I think it helps you make up your mind to take risks and in a way it helps you be a better person.

Anonymous said...

1.) I think that courage is very important. It is very important to have in life because you will face many things in your life that will take courage to get through. The way Jefferson stated it is what I like the most though. He explained it to be a thing you had to have inside you. It is something that you have to stand up for. If you do stand up for what you believe in others will follow you. You have to have the courage to be that one person that leads the way for others. It takes a lot of courage to be that one person. Most people do not have the courage to stand against something they don’t agree with. The person that has courage though will stand up and defend his rights. If you want something to be changed why don’t you be the one this time and change it.

2.) I think courage is an awesome thing to have. I think courage is something you have to have to get by in today’s world. It is something that allows you to stand up for the things you believe in. It helps you bring down your enemies. I think if you have courage you will be able to succeed in all you do.

Anonymous said...

1. Thomas Jefferson said that one person with courage is a majority. What does that mean to you?

- It means that one person can make a difference. When faced with a difficult problem, most people side with what everyone else is going. Because people are inherently selfish they think to preserve themselves and not do what is right. Those few people who decide that they’d rather show there tail for something they feel is right, is the courageous. An example of this is when a teacher leaves the classroom and the class goes insane. Usually, everyone would just go with the flow. If one person comes to the plate and directs the classroom to do good it can change everything. Yeah, they may be ridiculed but they are showing maturity that the rest should have. In the end, their conscience is clear and their self worth is brought to new levels knowing they did right. Everyone should do this, but sadly – not everyone sees the importance of courage in the midst of their peers.

2. What is courage?

- Courage is the ability to act on what is best. Whether it be for the class, country, or yourself, it is a major character quality. Those who have it, have the ability to change the tide in any situation. It may not be safe, and it may not be the “smartest thing to do” but they get a solution to the problem. Those who do – not only for themselves, but for the betterment of everyone – are what I define as courageous.