Friday, February 29, 2008

Diligence Part 3-Due 02-29-2008

Write out a a list in your notebook of the things in your studies that are easy for you, and make a list of the things in your studies that seem difficult. Now write out a plan for what you can do to overcome your difficulties. Post your plan to this blog. Plan should include all components of S.M.A.R.T. Goals.

Specific- EXAMPLE: A general goal would be, "Get in shape." But a specific goal would say, "Join a health club and workout 3 days a week."

Measurable-To determine if your goal is measurable, ask questions such as......How much? How many? How will I know when it is accomplished?

Attainable-You can attain most any goal you set when you plan your steps wisely and establish a time frame that allows you to carry out those steps.

Realistic- Your goal is probably realistic if you truly believe that it can be accomplished. Additional ways to know if your goal is realistic is to determine if you have accomplished anything similar in the past or ask yourself what conditions would have to exist to accomplish this goal.

Timely-A goal should be grounded within a time frame. With no time frame tied to it there's no sense of urgency. If you want to lose 10 lbs, when do you want to lose it by? "Someday" won't work. But if you anchor it within a timeframe, "by May 1st", then you've set your unconscious mind into motion to begin working on the goal.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Specific- I have a specific goal to get all of my work done in one week which would be to spend my time more wisely and instead of talking to my neighbors, work on my notebook.

Measurable-I will measure up to this goal by not talking and gossiping and I will work until everything from that day is finished, and then get a head start on tomorrow’s work.

Attainable-I will attain this goal in the time frame of 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Realistic- I believe my goal is realistic because I am usually talking to people beside me and I get sidetracked so, a goal not to talk is real to me because it will actually help me.

Timely-I set the time frame of the Friday it’s due, because we have no time after that to do it, so my time is one week exactly.

Anonymous said...

Specific- My problem is that my notes for homework and studying are too vague. If I keep more detailed notes, my grades will improve.

Measurable- Taking on too much has never been my style, but a good way to challenge myself is to set specific goals that I know I do not want to do but accomplish them for self satisfaction.

Attainable- Giving me too much leniency is a big problem, by setting goals – I give my mind something to work forward too.

Realistic- Realism is different things to different people. The main topic of this is giving goals that can be made and challenge everyone.

Timely- Everyone really is obsessed with time. We look at how fast someone can accomplish something as the actual basis for our opinion on their job. If we do not apply time to our goals, they will never be accomplished.

Anonymous said...

Specific- EXAMPLE: A general goal would be, "Get in shape." But a specific goal would say, "Join a health club and workout 3 days a week."
I would like to get my grades up to all A’s and all B’s. I know I must work a lot harder for this to happen . I need to study more, do all my homework, and I also need to do all my homework.

Measurable-To determine if your goal is measurable, ask questions such as......How much? How many? How will I know when it is accomplished?
My goal is measurable if I work hard enough . And if I get everything done that I am supposed to do.

Attainable-You can attain most any goal you set when you plan your steps wisely and establish a time frame that allows you to carry out those steps.
I plan to get my grades to the A – B Honor Roll my the time summer gets here.

Realistic- Your goal is probably realistic if you truly believe that it can be accomplished. Additional ways to know if your goal is realistic is to determine if you have accomplished anything similar in the past or ask yourself what conditions would have to exist to accomplish this goal.
I know I can do this but sometimes I question my ability , which I know I shouldn’t do. The conditions that would come with this goal would be stress and sacrifice.

Timely-A goal should be grounded within a time frame. With no time frame tied to it there's no sense of urgency. If you want to lose 10 lbs, when do you want to lose it by? "Someday" won't work. But if you anchor it within a timeframe, "by May 1st", then you've set your unconscious mind into motion to begin working on the goal.
I know that I will be able to get my grades up to par . It’s going to take work and determination . I know I have to set a time for a goal. I want to strive for my grades to be all A’s and B’s by the middle of April.

Anonymous said...

Specific- I don’t make the kind of grades I would like to on my B.T.E tests. By studying harder and longer at home, I can probably improve the test scores I make.

Measurable-I never try and take on too much. I try and keep my goals in my reach and keep them where I can reach them.

Attainable- I always try to make my goals in reach of my abilities. I never make a goal that I think I can’t reach.

Realistic- I don’t make any goals that seem unreachable. If I don’t think I can make it or I haven’t accomplished a goal similar to it I just drop it and go for something a little bit easier.

Timely- All my goals are time oriented. I don’t make goals that are long term except like graduating from high school and college. All my other goals are short term and can be completed in a short amount of time.

Anonymous said...

Specific- Typing is not one of my favorite things. I absolutely hate it. Probably because my fingers get crossed up and I usually end up miss spelling words.
Measurable- I know when I have gotten better at typing when ever I start to type faster. When I can type and not misspell every single word. I mainly need to practice when I am out of school though because practice makes perfect. I defiantly need practice.

Attainable- I need to attain my speed and focus. If I do not I will mess up and fail once more. But if I steady myself I will be able to focus and succeed.

Realistic- I do think I can become a better type. All I have to do is spend more time typing and whenever I am typing I have to take my time and focus.


Timely- I do have to learn to type and fast. I need to prepare myself for college because their will be a lot of typing there. So I will have to get faster and a lot better at typing.

Anonymous said...

Specific- Science is a difficult subject for me to understand. I can’t understand the formulas for the functions and equations.

Measurable- If I pay more attention and ask more questions, maybe I could read and understand them more.

Attainable- I should attain my time at home and study more for the work and questions she asks.

Realistic- My goal is to pass science with a good grade. I’m good in math and math is similar to science.

Timely- I would like to reach my goal in making a good grade in science by the end of March so I could maintain my goal till May.

Anonymous said...

Specific- My specific goal is to have an A in every class on my report card by the end of this term.

Measurable-I will pace my self and try to get everything done evenlly over a period of time and not in just one night.

Attaitanble-I know that this goal is attainable for me because I have made all A's on my report card before.

Realistic- Because I know it is something that can be accomplished and something that I know I need to accomplish.

Timely- I hoping to get started working on this goal today and finish by the end of this term

Anonymous said...

Specific- One of my specific goals is to get all of my work done for each of my classes. I must not procrastinate about it, and just get the job done.

Measurable- I will measure up to this by not procrastinating and just getting it done. I won't talk on the phone or any of the things I would rather be doing.

Attainable- I will try to achieve this in about 1 hour.

Realistic- This goal is realistic; I have accomplished it before. So, I'm sure I can do it again.

Timely- The time frame is by 8:30 tonight, so I can be done with it and do things I'd rather be doing. And I won't have to worry about it any longer.

Anonymous said...

Specific- My specific goal is to get a notebook full of work done in one week, also including typing things and my progress report.

Measurable- My measuring up to this goal will be paying attention to what I am doing, getting all my work done and not disturbing or being disturbed by people around me.

Attainable- I will attain this goal in one week or I will fail because I do not have all my work completed.

Realistic- Realisticly I am one of the worst at talking in class when people around me are trying to get work done, and therefore I dont always get my work done either.

Timely- I use the extra time I have to do this wisley and get all my work done in the week I have to do it, or I have a bunch of consequences for this.

Anonymous said...

Specific: My goal is to be a good student. I will try to reach this goal, and only that goal. Until I reach that goal, I will not focus on any others.

Measurable: I know that my goal means a lot. I know what it would cost at first, but then, it would be worth it.

Attainable: I can obtain this goal, it is only a few years within my reach.

Realistic: I know that my goal can be accomplished, with the right attitude and the right skills. If I focus I know that I can get it done.

Timely: I can reach that goal in a few years, by making it habit.