You will keep an "Honesty-Dishonesty" journal for one week. In this journal, you will document examples of honesty and dishonesty in everyday life. Keep track of all the times you hear or tell "white lies." Pay particular attention to the media. See what role honesty plays in stories covered in the news. Note how often dishonesty is at the core of TV sitcoms and dramas. For each day starting today Friday, February 15 through Thursday, February 21 you will need to document a minimum of 3 real life examples of honesty and a minimum of 3 real life examples of dishonesty in your notebook. By the end of class on Thursday, February 21 you will answer the following question below and post it to this blog.
What did you learn about your own behavior from doing this project?
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What did you learn about your own behavior from doing this project?
That I am dishonest about as much as I am honest.
What did you learn about your own behavior from doing this project?
I learned that there is more dishonesty in the world than there is honesty, and many of us make that true.
I have learned that im not perfect and that i have some things that i need to work on in my life.
What I learned from my behaviour is that, if I lie to someone I love or respect it could lessen that feeling that those people feel for me. It could make them have resentment, or even stop believing in me. But, sometimes lying is crucial in order not to hurt someone's feelings. So really I guess it's all determined by the person and what the situation is.
I have noticed that my actions and all the things I do effect the way people think about me. That means that I need to stay on my toes at all times. I don’t want anyone to be disappointed or not pleased with the things I do. I should do the things that I believe in on a day to day basis not only at church but as school as well. We are at the age where a younger brother or sister may be looking up to us and we do not need to be leading them down the wrong path. You need to be showing them the right path and how to handle the situations they will be facing when they get our age.
Doing the Honest and Dishonest journals has changed some of the things I do. Thinking about all the dishonest things Me, Jacob, and others have done hurts how people can be dishonest like that. Being honest makes others and me feel better about ourselves. These journal entries we’ve done changes the way I will be about being honest and dishonest.
From doing this project I have learned that I have white lies that I tell almost everyday. Like, for example, when my dad asks me if I have cleaned out the litter box, I would probably say no because I know he wont look. I have realized that even my behavior has a lot of little white lies in it and I need to try my best to stop telling them.
Corey Sexton
I found that it was a lot easier to find dishonest hings in my life than honest things
From the journals, I have learned that sometimes I'm being honest, and other times I can be dishonest..but nobody tells the truth all the time.
Post a Comment