Answer the following questions in a complete sentence. Post the question and your answer to each question in a complete sentence.
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
Why?
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it?
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning?
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest?
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them?
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel?
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree?
Has that ever happened to you?
What is your definition of an honest person?
How important is it to you that your friends be honest?
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too?
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean?
Do you agree?
Have you experienced this in your own life?
What risks are involved in being honest?
What risks are involved in being dishonest?
How do you benefit from being an honest person?
What does honesty have to do with your character?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
One lie makes you a liar.
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
I consider myself to be some what of an honest person.
Why?
Because I do not lie all the time and tell the truth sometimes.
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it?
I would take it and spend it ever now and then not to draw suspension.
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning?
I think it is stupid reasoning because as me being a Christian my main goal is to be apart from the world.
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest?
Because all the people could see if I was lying or doing something wrong making me not want to do it
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them?
No, if it something that has to do with their appearance such as if they ask you do u think they are fat or how is the food.
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel?
It makes me angry and I lose my trust in that certain person
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree?
Yes, because the main base of a relationship is trust and cannot be formed when one lies.
Has that ever happened to you?
Yes, I have not trusted in the person from lying to me so much.
What is your definition of an honest person?
Someone who tries as hard as they can to tell the truth as much as possible
How important is it to you that your friends be honest?
Yes, because a lying friend is not a true friend at all.
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too?
No, because no matter what other people are doing around you, you should do the right thing
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
Yes because you are lying by saying that those are your answers.
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean?
Because you will end up in more trouble by lying than just telling the truth the first time.
Do you agree?
Yes I fully agree with this.
Have you experienced this in your own life?
Yes, in many ways.
What risks are involved in being honest?
Hurting other people’s feelings.
What risks are involved in being dishonest?
Getting in worse trouble than just telling the truth before.
How do you benefit from being an honest person?
People will have more trust in you.
What does honesty have to do with your character?
It determines your character entirely it determines whether you have an honest character or dishonest character.
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
You only have to tell one lie to become a lier.
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
For the most part, I do.
Why?
I am straight and to the point about just about everything.
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it?
Honestly, I would turn it into the bank, because I have a very guilty conscience.
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning?
I think you shouldn't just do what the whole world is doing. You should do what you know is right.
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest?
It would be good, because if you lie about something, obviously you don't want people to know the truth.
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them?
It is wrong, but everyone does it. That still doesn't make it okay though.
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel?
Sometimes it upsets me, depending on who it is.
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree?
I definetly agree on this.
Has that ever happened to you?
Yes it has happened to me.
What is your definition of an honest person?
Someone who always tells the truth and doesn't care.
How important is it to you that your friends be honest?
It is very important that my friends are honest. Because I don't want a friend that will just go behind my back and say stuff thats not true.
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too?
No, it doesn't make it okay for anyone.
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
I do agree. Because if your cheating you don't want people to know and if your lying you don't want people to know.
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean?
You won't have to worry about coving up your lies and you can just live knowing your doing the right thing.
Do you agree?
I do agree with this.
Have you experienced this in your own life?
I have experienced this, a few times.
What risks are involved in being honest?
Sometimes you hurt peoples feelings or get your own feelings hurt.
What risks are involved in being dishonest?
People will find out you lied and not trust you.
How do you benefit from being an honest person?
You can be trusted when your honest.
What does honesty have to do with your character?
It has just about everything to do with your character.
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
Why?
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it?
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning?
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest?
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them?
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel?
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree?
Has that ever happened to you?
What is your definition of an honest person?
How important is it to you that your friends be honest?
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too?
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean?
Do you agree?
Have you experienced this in your own life?
What risks are involved in being honest?
What risks are involved in being dishonest?
How do you benefit from being an honest person?
What does honesty have to do with your character?
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar? The first time you lie you become a liar.
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person? I consider myself a normal person that most of the time tells the truth but sometime slips up.
Why? I think I am both because I tell the truth and I don’t at other times.
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it? I would think should I take this money . Then I would say well it wouldn’t be what I earned . Then I would take it to the police station and if no one claimed it then it would be mine.
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning? I think it is untrue because you control your actions not the world.
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest? People would know that what you are doing is good or bad.
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them? It depends on what it is like if somebody asked you if they looked fat it would be horrible if you said they did.
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel? When people are dishonest to me I don’t like it very much at all.
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree? Yes you cant have a relationship if you don’t know anything about that person because they never tell the truth about themselves.
Has that ever happened to you? People do that to me all the time and I usually can tell when they are.
What is your definition of an honest person? Somebody I think is honest is someone that isn’t afraid to let people know who they really are and has their own standards and not someone elses.
How important is it to you that your friends be honest? It is important that my friends are honest so I can know who they truly are.
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too? Just because someone else is doing wrong doesn’t make it right for you to.
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree? Cheating is another form of lying because it is being dishonest about what you truly know.
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean? This means that you will have a better life if you just are honest because lying gets you in trouble.
Do you agree? I agree because if sometimes I would have told the truth things would have been a lot smoother.
Have you experienced this in your own life? I have experienced this and honesty is the best way.
What risks are involved in being honest? There are no risks in being honest.
What risks are involved in being dishonest? There are risks in being dishonest it is easier to be truthful because it carries you further in life.
How do you benefit from being an honest person? I benefit because I get rewards like trust and love.
What does honesty have to do with your character? Honesty has every thing to do with my character because if I lied about everything I wouldn’t have support from friends family or anyone.
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
-I think that it only takes one lie to make you a liar.
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
Why?
- I do consider myself to be an honest person because im always honest with my friends or teachers or even my parents.
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it?
-If i found $10,000 beneath an ATM and noone saw me i would probably at first think about taking it but then i would think what would jesus do.
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning?
-What i think of this reasoning is that its wrong. I wouldnt want to be the same way the world is. I would want to be different and stand out.
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest?
-How it would help keep me honest is i would think of all the people hat would see me on front of that newspaper taking that money that wasnt even mine. That would let everyone know in a hurry who you really are.
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel?
-When people are dishonest with me it makes me feel like an idiot for thinking that i could actually trust that person.
Has that ever happened to you?
-No that has never happened to me before because i havent really been in a long enough relationship for that.
What is your definition of an honest person?
-My definition of an honest person is someone who will tell you the truth no matter if it hurt you or not they weill always be truthful.
How important is it to you that your friends be honest?
-it id very important to me that my friends are honest because i wouldnt want to know that my friends always lied to me about everything.That would just mean that they are not true friends.
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too?
-Just because everyone else is cheating does not mean that it is ok for you to. I want to know that i made it through that exam because i did it not becasue some one else did it for me.
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
-I do agree that cheating is just another form of lying because either way there both not bein honest.
Do you agree?
-I do agree with that because its just a whole lot easier that way.
Have you experienced this in your own life?
-I have experienced this in my own life with friends mainly.
What risks are involved in being honest?
-The risks that are invloved in being honest is losing friends and losing loved ones.
What risks are involved in being dishonest?
-The risks that are involved in being dishonest is probably still losing frinds.
How do you benefit from being an honest person?
-How you benefit from being an honest person is you would never be in situations where you would have to get yourself out of with a lie.
What does honesty have to do with your character?
-what honesty has to do with your character is your a good person and your very truthful and you dont lie about things.
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
I believe once you lie you'll think it will be ok to lie more and more to become a liar.
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
I don't consider myself to be what you call an honest person
Why?
I lie about things sometimes so I won't get in trouble.
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it?
I would walk away like I never saw it.
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning?
There's always something you could change about yourself.
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest?
I would want people to know that I tell the truth and that I don't lie about what really happens
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them?
I don't think there is if your stopping from hurting that person's feelings.
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel?
It hurts me when they lie if I asked them an opinion when I want to honest truth.
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree?
I agree 100% that lying does ruin a relationship.
Has that ever happened to you?
It has happened to me, and recently too.
What is your definition of an honest person?
A person who doesn't lie and tells you the truth.
How important is it to you that your friends be honest?
That is very important because if they weren't honest, they wouldn't be considered a good friend.
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too?
If someone else is cheating, I wouldn't think that because if they get cought they will have to suffer with the trouble and I wouldn't want that.
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
No, lying is when your dishonest to someone and cheating is when you practially steal form another person.
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean?
Because being honest helps people with there life and makes it much easier.
Do you agree?
I do agree to that.
Have you experienced this in your own life?
I have realized when your honest it makes you feel like a better person.
What risks are involved in being honest?
You might get turned down by some of your friends but they should like you for who you are and be happy that your honest ad don't lie to them.
What risks are involved in being dishonest?
The risks of not having true friends.
How do you benefit from being an honest person?
If I think and want myself to sound like a cool person and lie and stop myself from saying that.
What does honesty have to do with your character?
I will tell someone the honest to goodness truth and if that person can't handle it, then sorry.
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
Only one lie will make you a liar.
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
I do consider myself to be a honest person.
Why?
Because I always try my best not to lie and I tell the truth most of the time.
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it?
It would be hard to turn it in but I would probably keep it.
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning?
I personally disagree with the reasoning because I think each individual should set himself or herself apart from the rest of the world.
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest?
It would make you think of your image a lot more and how your choices make you look.
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them?
I don’t think a small lie is all that bad it just depends on the situation.
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel?
It makes me feel like I have been betrayed.
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree?
Yes, it can hurt a relationship especially when the relationship has gotten serious.
Has that ever happened to you? No and I am very glad that it hasn’t.
What is your definition of an honest person?
An honest person is one that strives and tries there best to be a trustworthy person.
How important is it to you that your friends be honest?
It is very important to me because I want to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too?
No it doesn’t you should do the thing that sets you apart from the people that do wrong and set the right example.
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
Yes, I actually do agree with that saying.
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean?
Everyone will not doubt you and people will be able to trust you with things a lot better. It will bring your true character out.
Do you agree?
Yes, I do agree with it and have found the answer to that own my own.
Have you experienced this in your own life? Yes I have when I was little I used to lie a lot and one day I was telling the truth and my parents didn’t believe me.
What risks are involved in being honest? The risks to being honest, I would say others feeling, your own feelings, and the way others think of you.
What risks are involved in being dishonest? People that are dishonest usally aren’t trusted and can be very sketchy. It’s harder for a person to become close to a dishonest person.
How do you benefit from being an honest person?
The people that you associate with trust you a lot more and they also can depend on you without doubt.
What does honesty have to do with your character?
It has just about everything to do with your character and how people view you.
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar? You only need to tell one.
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person? I consider myself a reasonable person
Why? I tell little fibs, nothing too serious
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it? Turn it in to the police station. They have cameras.
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning? I think you should go by your best judgment. But you should really tell the truth.
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest? No, not really, I don’t read news papers.
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them? Yes, but you got to do what you got to do.
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel? Horrible, I usually get really mad.
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree? Yes, I agree. It ruined my parents.
Has that ever happened to you? Not me exactly.
What is your definition of an honest person? Someone who tells the truth no matter what.
How important is it to you that your friends be honest? Very, I’ve lost a lot of friends that way.
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too? No, cheating is not honest
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree? Yes, I agree completely.
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean?
Do you agree? Yes, if you don’t lie you will have less things to lie about in the long run.
Have you experienced this in your own life? Yes, a few times.
What risks are involved in being honest? Hurting feelings is one.
What risks are involved in being dishonest? Well one is being called a liar.
How do you benefit from being an honest person? You make more HONEST friends.
What does honesty have to do with your character? Every thing from the way you smile, to how you feel.
How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
It depends on the person, and the situation.
Do you consider yourself to be an honest person?
Yes, I don’t lie unless it will cause another person harm.
Why?
Because it’s not write.
What would you do if you found $10,000 on the shelf beneath an ATM machine and nobody saw you find it?
I would turn it into the bank, and hopefully get a reward.
People often rationalize their own dishonesty by saying, "That’s the way the world is, so why should I be different?" What do you think of this reasoning?
I think that it’s just an excuse, that’s what people do.
A guideline for making good choices is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if this were printed on the front page of the newspaper?"How might that help keep you honest?
It would make us have humility, in some ways.
Is there anything wrong with a "small" lie to parents or friends to keep from upsetting them?
I don’t think so, no. Life is too, short, you shouldn’t spend it hurting someone elses feelings.
When people are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel?
It hurts but I think it would hurt if it were more straightforward. Or at least that’s what a liar believes.
Lying ruins relationships. Do you agree?
Yes, it does. Not only relationships with your boyfriend/ girlfriend but it can tear families apart.
Has that ever happened to you?
Yes, I have torn my family to pieces, we are still trying to recooperate.
What is your definition of an honest person?
A person who does the right thing.
How important is it to you that your friends be honest?
It is, if its something big, but little stupid things every once in awhile.
If you discover your classmates are cheating on an important exam, does that make it okay for you to cheat, too?
No, it makes it easy to give an excuse, but it doesn’t make it right.
It’s been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
Yes, I think it is.
Being honest makes life a lot easier. What does this mean?
It makes it easier because you don’t have to keep up with all the lies. Its much more challenging but, it can be worth it.
Do you agree?
Yes, I do.
Have you experienced this in your own life?
Yeah, I have learned my lesson.
What risks are involved in being honest?
Hurting people, starting drama, a lot of really bad things.
What risks are involved in being dishonest?
Lies catching up with you, hurting someone, getting into a lot of trouble, or tearing apart your family.
How do you benefit from being an honest person?
It makes life much simpler.
What does honesty have to do with your character?
It has a lot to do with your character, it determines your future, and your past, how people treat you, and ultimately, if it has anything to do with your religion, determines how you will spend your eternity.
Post a Comment