How diligent are you? For each of the behaviors listed below, write a thorough evaluation of yourself(2-4 sentences): (Post the behavior and your answer to each behavior.)
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
c. I am self-disciplined.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
10 comments:
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
I always work my very hardest and I don’t like to quit. I work until I get it perfect and if I don’t it takes a lot and I mean a lot to get to quit what I’m working on.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
I do like to accomplish a high goal, but I do not like to risk failure in a low goal just to reach a higher goal. I work on the low before I go for the high.
c. I am self-disciplined.
I beat myself up a lot for messing up on things I can’t do and if I say “That’s it, I quit because I can’t do it!” I stop to think and say I can’t stop! So I push myself to determination.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
I have made a lot for mistakes and quit a few failures. After the first times, I may have made it once more, but I learned to two times I did it and try my hardest not to do it a third time. So, yes, I learn from them.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
I try to say to myself… If I do this, will it affect my now, or help me in the long run. I try to think ahead…but sometime I do get ahead of myself. But I think to see if what I’m doing will affect upcoming things.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
I only have one goal in life and it is to reach the golden gates of heaven and I’m staying focused on getting there. So that is my goal and I try so hard to reach it.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
I try not to, and most of the time I don’t. If something is super hard, I try extra hard. But I have been known to give up.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished.
I hate not finishing things. If I was to start something today, I would work on it everyday until it was finished! It would not be forgotten about.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
I have, once or twice on homework or something. I hate leaving things to do before the last minute though because then I have to cram it all into one time.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
My mom’s friend is a procrastinator and he leaves things undone all the time. I can’t stand it because he is always behind on things or running late and he’s always saying…I got to finish that thing, but does he? I think not. So yes, I learn from the things around me.
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
I do not always do my best and I know this. It isn’t excellence that I strive for, it’s if I understand the material or not.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
Yes, although I used to be only fixated with my grades and not actually applying it.
c. I am self-disciplined.
Yes, but only because I was taught to do so in my childhood.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
I try to, but I will sometimes try from a different perspective just to see if it’s possible.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
Yes, if it isn’t under my “priorities” – I usually think of it as silly.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
I set goals and time myself. Yes, I know it’s a bit weird. Music and keeping time, like patting my foot, have been my only focusing agents.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
There have been times where I gave up, but it was because either it did not catch my interests or I found something higher on my priority list that needed to be accomplished right then.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished.
I hate leaving projects incomplete. I’m a bit OCD if things are ‘off balance’.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
On things that I consider important, I don’t procrastinate. On emptying the dishwasher or cleaning my room, not so much.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
If I see something that seems like a streak of stupidity, I give myself a memo to never even let those thoughts enter my mind. What enters the minds will eventually be made useful by the hands
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
-Anytime I do something I always do it as best I can. I used to only do it half way. Over the past few years I have become a perfectionist like my dad. So, now everything I do has to be either near perfect before I say its done.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
- If I am trying to accomplish a goal, I will risk failure to accomplish it. Anytime you try and accomplish a goal, you risk failure. I have risked failure before when I was trying to accomplish a goal.
c. I am self-disciplined.
- I am very self-disciplined because my parents taught me to be. Otherwise I would have gotten in trouble.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
- I try my best to learn from my mistakes and failures. I try and go back and redo whatever I failed at or I will go back and try to fix a mistake I may have made.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
- Here lately I have been looking at the big picture. I’ve really started trying my best at my school work because I want to get a good education and go to college.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
- I set goals on my school work and try my best to stay focused on them. If I happen to slip up on my goals I try my very hardest to recover from the fall.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
- Instead of giving up, I just sit down and try and figure out what I may be able to do to make the task easier. I don’t think I have ever given up on something just because it got a little difficult.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished.
- I never leave anything I start unfinished. I always work to the end of the task at hand until it is done.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
- I do procrastinate at times because I can be somewhat lazy. Lately I have been very responsible and have been doing everything as soon as possible.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
- I do learn from the people that I know that have a habit of all of these things. I see what their life is like right now and I don’t want what they have so I try harder so I don’t end up like them.
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
I strive most of the time to do my best. I have my bad days though.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
Yes, I am. It happens to me all the time.
c. I am self-disciplined.
I like to think of myself that way.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
I do learn from my mistakes . Punishment and consequences help you to learn from your actions.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
I think way ahead of what I’m supposed to . Sometimes I get so caught up in what might happen in the future that I forget about what actually is going on in the present.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
I do set goals and I try my hardest to stay focused but it’s really hard sometimes.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
I do sometimes. I break under pressure, I can only take so much.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished
I actually leave things unfinished sometimes.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
I do procrastinate, sometimes way to much though.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
Sometimes I do . Sometimes I don’t . It really depends on what I think of that person.
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
I try to do my best and strive for excellence if it is something I want to do. If not I will just do what I can to get by.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
Yes, I will risk failure to reach a higher goal. But a lot of it is determined by what I have to fail at or give up.
c. I am self-disciplined.
I am not really a self disciplined person. I usually have to someone motivate me.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
I do learn from my mistakes and failures. But occasionally I repeat them.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
Not really I just think about what is happening today. I’m not a good planner and just whatever happens happens.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
I usually do not set goals and am easily distracted. I usually wait til the last minute to finish everything.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
I do sometimes give up when the going gets rough. Unless the goal is head is something I want to achieve.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished.
Sometimes when I wait till the last minute to do it. Most of the time I just don’t do it.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
I always wait to the last minute for everthing. Unless it is something that I want to do.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
I try to learn from my sister who has these habits. But I do not always use these habits.
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
I always strive and try to do my best in any situation. I can not stand to fail at something so I always try to get it right the first time.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
I am willing to risk failure to accomplish something but it has to be important to me. Like I said I cant stand not accomplishing something so it would have to mean a lot to me for me to risk everything.
c. I am self-disciplined.
I do think I am self disciplined I can keep my self in line and on the right path. When I can not I have God by my side but I do think I control my actions very well.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
I think I do learn from my mistakes because if what I did was wrong I defiantly don’t want to go through it again, therefore; I will try my best to stay out of that particular situation. I will probably fall short again somewhere down the line but doesn’t everybody.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
I do think long term I make sure that what ever I am doing will benefit me now and later as well. I make most of my decisions for future basis.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
I do my best at setting goals and achieving them. I also try my best to stay focused even when it’s hard and temptation is in my way.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
I can’t stand just giving up on something. I don’t like accepting the fact that I can’t do something so I will try and work at it until I have it down pat.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished.
I do sometimes leave things unfinished sometimes. Like in art but the only reason I left some of my paintings unfinished is because I ran out of time. With every thing else though I try my best to finish it.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
I am not going to lie I do procrastinate. It has gotten me in trouble a couple of times but I am trying to get better at it. I guess the more I try art getting better at it the better ill be.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
I have learned from some people that have had these habits before. I have also learned from my own mistakes and learned how I could have better handled the situation that I was facing.
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
I always try to do the best I can, but I don't always acheive that goal. Striving for excellence is tough, but you have to give it your all.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
I don't believe in failing because everyone can be better than what they are. Reaching my highest goals doesn't mean I have to fail to acheive that.
c. I am self-disciplined.
I am self-desciplined to myself at times. I try not to be, but when I want to get something right I strive to acheive that.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
I do learn from my mistakes. I don't tend to fail or ever fail.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
When I look at the pictures I try to see myself there. Everytime I think long-term, I tend to get hurt everytime.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
When I set goals I try to stick to the plans I made. I try to stay focused but something else always distracts me.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
When things get difficult I try my best to stick through it. Giving up isn't an option to me.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished.
I believe I'm OCD. When things aren't finished the way I feel they should be, I have to finish it at that time.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
Honestly, I am a procrastinate. I do hold off on stuff when it's not time to do that thing.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
I don't look at other people's life to learn from them. I make my own mistakes and learn from the mistakes I've made.
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
I never give up until I do everything exactly right. If I am interupted while working I get annoyed.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
Sometimes this is true about me. Useally I work on a lower goal before a higer one, though.
c. I am self-disciplined.
I am very self disciplined, and I get mad at myself when I fail at something, and I'll keep on until its just how I want it.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures.
I definetly learn from my mistakes, being as that I many many mistakes. I try my hardest not to do whatever it was that I did that made me fail the fisrt time.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term.
Yes. I think about the future alot. I tell myself "If I do this now, it will help me out in the long run" and I am always glad I did so.
f. I set goals and stay focused.
I have lots of goals. And I always keep them in mind. My goals affect my decisions that I make a lot of the time.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult.
Sometimes, I'll take a break when things are to hard. But I always go back to it.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished.
I never leave things unfinished. It will bother me until I can finish it, so I always get it done right away.
i. I don’t procrastinate.
Sometimes I do procrastinate. If there is something that I really dread doing, I will put it off until I absolutly have to do it.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things.
I have people in my family who are big time procrastinator, and they are never happy. Some times you just have to suck it up and do it. And in the long run you'll be happy its over.
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
I always do my best, I work for what I got. I’m a hard worker and I hate failure. Some times I might fall short but I’ll keep trying.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal. Although I hate to fail at anything, I would risk it for good. I seriously hate to fail but if its for the better than that would be ok.
c. I am self-disciplined. I have a self-discipline, because when I put my heart into It I don’t fail. In everything I do I have a goal I have to pass.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures. Yes I learn from my failures it keeps me from making it again. Failure will come but its how you deal with it that makes it good.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term. I like to think about my future. It helps me concentrate on things I want in life.
f. I set goals and stay focused. I really don’t set goals that much, but I do stay focused. When I am doing something I stay focused and finish it.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult. I might say or feel like I want to quite but I want. I have never quit any thing and don’t plan on it.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished. Rarely do I leave things unfinished. I love the satisfaction of getting the job done.
i. I don’t procrastinate. No not much. I usually stay in focus and mind myself when I am focused.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things. Yes because it will help me in the future. It will give me something to look at.
a. I always do my best; I strive for excellence.
Sometimes, it really depends on what it is. I do my best but am rarely proud.
b. I am willing to risk failure to accomplish a higher goal.
It really depends on what it is. If it were like graduating collage and buying a car, I would graduate collage first.
c. I am self-disciplined. Yes I am. I have disciplined my self very well.
d. I learn from my mistakes and failures. Yes I do. I’ve learned from many.
e. I look at the big picture; I think long-term. It really depends. If I don’t care, I wont think about it.
f. I set goals and stay focused. It depends on if I still want the goal. If I don’t ill find a new one.
g. I don’t give up just because things seem difficult. I will never. My daddy thought.
h. I don’t leave things unfinished. Sometimes, rarely though. It really depends on how much I care about it.
i. I don’t procrastinate. LOL I am a procrastinator. I don’t know why its just I like doing things at the last min. That way I know it’s done.
j. I learn from people who have made a habit of all these things. Yes, very much so. That’s the reason I do so well now.
Post a Comment