skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Daily Dilemma #25
Answer each question in a complete sentence.- Trade places with Ben. What would you do?
- Would your choice be different if there had been no receipt?
- Would your choice be different if you knew the money belonged to the bank, and not to an individual?
- Would your choice be affected if there were other people walking by?
- Would your choice be different if you were with friends?
- Have you ever done something you knew was wrong because nobody was watching?
- How did you feel when you did it?
- What do you think about what Ben’s grandfather says about being a liar?
- Do you think the same principle applies to Ben’s actions?
- What happens when you apply Ben’s grandfather’s words to cheating?
- Do you agree that every time you cheat you come closer to becoming a “cheater?”
- Think of a choice you made recently that might affect more people than just you. Now imagine that every one in the world did that same thing. What would the world be like?
- Would you want to live there?
7 comments:
Trade places with Ben. What would you do?
I would have probably taken the money.
Would your choice be different if there had been no receipt?
My decision on stealing the money would have been more towards taking it.
Would your choice be different if you knew the money belonged to the bank, and not to an individual?
Yes, I would be too afraid to take the money then.
Would your choice be affected if there were other people walking by?
Yes, I would be to afraid one of them would turn me in.
Would your choice be different if you were with friends?
Yes, I would more lenient to taking it.
How so?
They would probably dare me to go get it or I wanted to impress them.
Have you ever done something you knew was wrong because nobody was watching?
Yes, I have done some things I would not do if someone was watching.
How did you feel when you did it?
I felt Guilty and regretted doing it afterwards.
Would you do it again?
If it had to do with money, I probably would.
Why, why not?
I would, because I’m a greedy person.
What do you think about what Ben’s grandfather says about being a liar?
I think it is very true.
Do you think the same principle applies to Ben’s actions?
Yes, because he lied claiming the money was his.
What happens when you apply Ben’s grandfather’s words to cheating?
I would have took the money into the bank
Do you agree that every time you cheat you come closer to becoming a “cheater?”
Yes, because that is what a cheater does is cheat.
Think of a choice you made recently that might affect more people than just you. Now imagine that every one in the world did that same thing. What would the world be like?
It would be a crazy, hateful world.
Would you want to live there?
I would not like to live there at all.
• Trade places with Ben. What would you do?
• I would have left the money there so if it had been stolen , I wouldn’t feel guilty.
• Would your choice be different if there had been no receipt?
• I don’t think it would have made a difference if there was a receipt or not , it’s still wrong to take someone else’s money.
• Would your choice be different if you knew the money belonged to the bank, and not to an individual?
• No, I know I still would not have stolen the money , I’m not a thief.
• Would your choice be affected if there were other people walking by?
• Absolutely, just standing there would have made me think of stealing it. But other people walking by would help me resist temptation.
• Would your choice be different if you were with friends?
• No, we probably would have come up with a clever plan to get the cash back to whoever it belonged to.
• How so?
• We would have came up with smart ideas to return the money.
• Have you ever done something you knew was wrong because nobody was watching?
• Yes, and I’ve also learned that I get caught even if no one saw me .
• How did you feel when you did it?
• Very guilty , especially when my parents found out.
• Would you do it again?
• Never, I don’t even think I’d do it for money
• Why, why not?
• Because it wasn’t worth the punishment , nothing is.
• What do you think about what Ben’s grandfather says about being a liar?
• I think that’s true because once you tell someone a lie you have to tell more lies to keep up with your story.
• Do you think the same principle applies to Ben’s actions?
• Yes, I think his grandfather would be disappointed in him.
• What happens when you apply Ben’s grandfather’s words to cheating?
• Lying and cheating are pretty much the same thing . They’re both very wrong.
• Do you agree that every time you cheat you come closer to becoming a “cheater?”
• Yes, I do agree with that because like I said cheating is the same thing as lying.
• Think of a choice you made recently that might affect more people than just you. Now imagine that every one in the world did that same thing. What would the world be like?
• It would be a mess . I guess from me making the mistake , it’s almost as if it makes it okay for others to do the same.
• Would you want to live there?
• Absolutely not. But that also shows that if I wouldn’t want to live with a million lying people , then I shouldn’t be very proud of myself when I lie either.
Trade places with Ben. What would you do?
I would not have taken the money, because I have a guilty conscience.
Would your choice be different if there had been no receipt?
My descion would not have been effected.
Would your choice be different if you knew the money belonged to the bank, and not to an individual?
No, because I would not take it anyway.
Would your choice be affected if there were other people walking by?
If I were going to steal it then it would be. But, I wouldn't so no.
Would your choice be different if you were with friends?
It might be different because of peer pressure.
How so?
Friends tend to make you do things that you sometimes don't want to do.
Have you ever done something you knew was wrong because nobody was watching?
Yes, I have done things I'm not proud of when other people weren't around.
How did you feel when you did it?
It was okay at first, but then I felt guilty.
Would you do it again?
I don't want to feel guilty again, so no.
Why, why not?
I wouldn't because of my guilty conscience.
What do you think about what Ben’s grandfather says about being a liar?
I think that it's the truth. But even if you tell one lie your a lier.
Do you think the same principle applies to Ben’s actions?
Yes, because stealing is pretty much the same as lying.
What happens when you apply Ben’s grandfather’s words to cheating?
I think that it still applies because if you cheat, thats a form of lying.
Do you agree that every time you cheat you come closer to becoming a “cheater?”
It only takes one time to become a cheater, so no I don't agree.
Think of a choice you made recently that might affect more people than just you. Now imagine that every one in the world did that same thing. What would the world be like?
It would not be good. The world might all be disagreeing on everything.
Would you want to live there?
I would not want to live there.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Daily Dilemma #25
Answer each question in a complete sentence.
• Trade places with Ben. What would you do?
• I would have given the money back to the bank so they could return it to the rightful person that it belongs to.
• Would your choice be different if there had been no receipt?
• No my choice would have stayed the same.
• Would your choice be different if you knew the money belonged to the bank, and not to an individual?
• No my choice would have once again remained the same.
• Would your choice be affected if there were other people walking by?
• No, I think that would defiantly make me turn it in.
• Would your choice be different if you were with friends?
• No I think I still would have turned the money back into the bank.
• How so?
• I still would have wanted to do the same thing if my friends were there or not.
• Have you ever done something you knew was wrong because nobody was watching?
• Yes, I have done that before.
• How did you feel when you did it?
• I felt really bad about it and prayed about it.
• Would you do it again?
• No, I don’t think I would be able to go through it again.
• Why, why not?
• I don’t want my parents to be disappointed in my again, I hate that feeling.
• What do you think about what Ben’s grandfather says about being a liar?
• I think that it is great advice and that everyone should abide by it.
• Do you think the same principle applies to Ben’s actions?
• Yes I do and I think he should really take it to heart and see what he needs to do.
• What happens when you apply Ben’s grandfather’s words to cheating?
• They would probably say that if you cheat once you are going be closer to beating a cheater.
• Do you agree that every time you cheat you come closer to becoming a “cheater?” Yes, I do I think that it is also harder to stop once you have become a hardcore cheater.
• Think of a choice you made recently that might affect more people than just you. Now imagine that every one in the world did that same thing. What would the world be like?
• It would be one scary and reckless place. Everyone wouldn’t follow any rules and all you would have was just a bunch of rebellious people.
•
• Would you want to live there?
• No I defiantly wouldn’t want to live there because you would have to watch your every move. It would just be really crazy and I wouldn’t want to deal with it.
Trade places with Ben. What would you do?
I would probublly taken it in the bank.
Would your choice be different if there had been no receipt?
My decision would be the same
Would your choice be different if you knew the money belonged to the bank, and not to an individual?
No it would have been the same.
Would your choice be affected if there were other people walking by?
No i still would have taken it inside.
Would your choice be different if you were with friends?
No it would be the same.
How so?
Im really good at resisting pier pressure
Have you ever done something you knew was wrong because nobody was watching?
Yes but hasnt everyone?
How did you feel when you did it?
alot of the times it has to do with a joke so i laugh.
Would you do it again?
it depends on the situation.
Why, why not?
If i was hiding a friends pen to play a joke or somthing like that, then yes
What do you think about what Ben’s grandfather says about being a liar?
Well one serious lie i think makes you a liar.
Do you think the same principle applies to Ben’s actions?
Yes because its still a lie.
What happens when you apply Ben’s grandfather’s words to cheating?
They are the exact same.
Do you agree that every time you cheat you come closer to becoming a “cheater?”
In certain ways yes i do.
Think of a choice you made recently that might affect more people than just you. Now imagine that every one in the world did that same thing. What would the world be like?
The world would be a chaotic place.
Would you want to live there?
Honestly i would NOT.
Trade places with Ben. What would you do?
I wouldn't bother with it and just walk away like I didn't see it.
Would your choice be different if there had been no receipt?
Maybe, but its good to think before you act.
Would your choice be different if you knew the money belonged to the bank, and not to an individual?
No, because either way it is stealing.
Would your choice be affected if there were other people walking by?
No, if people were around that is just a better way to get caught.
Would your choice be different if you were with friends?
Maybe, some friends pressure you to do stuff thats not the right thing and I'm not good under pressure.
How so?
Being under pressure isn't a good thing, especially for me.
Have you ever done something you knew was wrong because nobody was watching?
Yes, doing things when someone isn't around is a better way of not getting caught.
How did you feel when you did it?
I felt bad and guilty.
Would you do it again?
No, I've learned from my actions.
Why, why not?
When you do something your not suppose to you suffer the consequences and I don't want to do that again.
What do you think about what Ben’s grandfather says about being a liar?
It's a true statement and Ben should listen to it and learn by it.
Do you think the same principle applies to Ben’s actions?
Stealing is different from lying.
What happens when you apply Ben’s grandfather’s words to cheating?
It's not the same thing. If Ben were to lie about stealing the money, then it would.
Do you agree that every time you cheat you come closer to becoming a “cheater?”
I agree with the statement, once a cheater, always a cheater.
Think of a choice you made recently that might affect more people than just you. Now imagine that every one in the world did that same thing. What would the world be like?
The world would be a different place, and people in the world would be different.
Would you want to live there?
Honestly, No. I like things the way they are now and I dont't want nothing to change.
Trade places with Ben. What would you do?
I would have probably taken the money.
Would your choice be different if there had been no receipt?
My decision on stealing the money would have been more towards taking it.
Would your choice be different if you knew the money belonged to the bank, and not to an individual?
Yes, I would be too afraid to take the money then.
Would your choice be affected if there were other people walking by?
Yes, I would be to afraid one of them would turn me in.
Would your choice be different if you were with friends?
Yes, I would more lenient to taking it.
How so?
They would probably dare me to go get it or I wanted to impress them.
Have you ever done something you knew was wrong because nobody was watching?
Yes, I have done some things I would not do if someone was watching.
How did you feel when you did it?
I felt Guilty and regretted doing it afterwards.
Would you do it again?
If it had to do with money, I probably would.
Why, why not?
I would, because I’m a greedy person.
What do you think about what Ben’s grandfather says about being a liar?
I think it is very true.
Do you think the same principle applies to Ben’s actions?
Yes, because he lied claiming the money was his.
What happens when you apply Ben’s grandfather’s words to cheating?
I would have took the money into the bank
Do you agree that every time you cheat you come closer to becoming a “cheater?”
Yes, because that is what a cheater does is cheat.
Think of a choice you made recently that might affect more people than just you. Now imagine that every one in the world did that same thing. What would the world be like?
It would be a crazy, hateful world.
Would you want to live there?
I would not like to live there at all.
Post a Comment